Fox 2.0 kit questions - how much did it lift

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
Just ordered the Fox 2.0 kit from my local dealer. Curious just how much lift others have gotten from it WITHOUT changing the preload adjusters. I’m wanting max of 2”. 1.5-2 is perfect for me. A little lift in front would be nice. Plus a little less lift will help with alignment.
I’m really looking for the improvement from the shocks when I’m off-road. Down travel is just as important as up travel to me.

Mine is a 2wd FX2 FWIW.
Sponsored

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
For a 4WD Ranger they spec it out around 2" of lift. With a 2WD, you may see slightly more, since you have no added weight of a front axle and transfer case.

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the Fox 2.0 kit from my local dealer. Curious just how much lift others have gotten from it WITHOUT changing the preload adjusters. I’m wanting max of 2”. 1.5-2 is perfect for me. A little lift in front would be nice. Plus a little less lift will help with alignment.
I’m really looking for the improvement from the shocks when I’m off-road. Down travel is just as important as up travel to me.

Mine is a 2wd FX2 FWIW.
Any updates yet? I’m a 2wd too wondering how this work on yours
I’m in the process of looking for a kit myself

OP
OP
krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
Any updates yet? I’m a 2wd too wondering how this work on yours
I’m in the process of looking for a kit myself
Just got it installed. I left the spring adjustment how it came. Ended up with just over 2.5” lift. I’m hoping it’ll settle a little bit, but I’ll run it a while before making any changes. Initial ride impressions really good. All the pitch and roll of the stock suspension is gone. Firmer, but not harsh on road. (Photo isn’t on level ground and I’ve got a 50# ebike hanging off the back)
17E36DB3-84AA-4621-AE52-2A8ED103F8E7.jpeg

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
well that's good to know, this is the Fox Ford Performance kit right? not the kit from Stage3motorsports.com?

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
ok cool. nothing else needed to make that kit work to a 2wd drive? since they dont advertise it for the 2wd at all. I figured something had to be different. But thats good to know, I have Fordpass points available too

OP
OP
krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
ok cool. nothing else needed to make that kit work to a 2wd drive? since they dont advertise it for the 2wd at all. I figured something had to be different. But thats good to know, I have Fordpass points available too
Bolted right in. Only thing I can figure is the ride height is probably optimized for a 4wd. I did find on the Stage 3 site they list the lift as 2” for a 4wd, 2.5” for 2wd. My before and after measurement put it closer to 2.75”.The truck has 265/70-17, for reference. I also picked up the optional “Roost guards” from Fox for the rear shocks.
F6500F33-B112-4FFB-8CD5-BE7C554366B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for answering all these questions and I have more if you don’t lol
It’s hard to tell on the picture but is the front higher then the rear? Have you taken measurements? And how does the upper control arm ball joint look now that it’s listed? Does it look like it’s binding or still pretty straight ? Thank btw
I just want to cover all my questions before purchase. Maybe I will try to adjust the lower portion and drop it down .5” before installing them unless they settle down a bit. But I want the front slightly lower then rear

OP
OP
krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
Thanks for answering all these questions and I have more if you don’t lol
It’s hard to tell on the picture but is the front higher then the rear? Have you taken measurements? And how does the upper control arm ball joint look now that it’s listed? Does it look like it’s binding or still pretty straight ? Thank btw
I just want to cover all my questions before purchase. Maybe I will try to adjust the lower portion and drop it down .5” before installing them unless they settle down a bit. But I want the front slightly lower then rear
I haven’t had a good chance to get it on level ground and remeasure yet. It looks pretty even and level to me, but I was hoping for just a little rake. Odds are I will end up lowering the front a little. Ball joint angles all look decent, so I’m not concerned with any of that. Sounds like a 2:1 ratio on the adjustment, so 1/4” lower spring perch should net you 1/2” drop at wheel.

OP
OP
krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
82AEF1BD-C3CC-459A-A229-76199564C664.jpeg
Finally a better pic. A basic measurement between the top of the tire and bottom of the wheel arch shows it to be pretty level as is.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Thats interesting, i got less lift from that kit on my 4x4, but your truck looks great, and the ride is much better off road than the stock setup.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Is that 2 in going to cause problems with the control arms? or is the 2in not enough to worry about?

OP
OP
krisrayner

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
Is that 2 in going to cause problems with the control arms? or is the 2in not enough to worry about?
Being that even Ford made a 2” lift kit available that won’t void your warranty, I’d say it’s gonna be ok.

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my coil over kit from Stage3motorsports yesterday.. they look so pretty lol.. I will be installing them this saturday on my 2WD, but I think im going to turn the collar down before I install them. I was really only looking to go up 2" cause I want abit of a rake still, but Im still debating what to do, im to excited!
Have you taken yours off road yet to see how well the suspension holds up? And has it dropped at all since you installed them?
Sponsored