Fordpass suddenly won't connect

Atxjmy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Some time last night, my FordPass connectivity stopped working. It showed my truck at a location across town, and will not update or connect. I've tried a master reset, I've tried removing and re-adding the vehicle, I've tried re-installing the app - no joy for any. At this point - I can't even re-activate my Ranger as I'm not getting any sort of acceptance message on screen. Connectivity settings also will not open - I just get a "please wait" message for about a minute, and then an error message saying it can't open that menu item and to try again later. Strangely - it works just fine on my Explorer parked 2 feet away, so i don't think its a signal issue.

Any other ideas on what to do? It's more of a annoyance than anything, but I'd like to get it working again if i can.
Sponsored

Last edited:

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Some time last night, my FordPass connectivity stopped working. It showed my truck at a location across town, and will not update or connect. I've tried a master reset, I've tried removing and re-adding the vehicle, I've tried re-installing the app - no joy for any. At this point - I can't even re-activate my Ranger as I'm not getting any sort of acceptance message on screen. Connectivity settings also will not open - I just get a "please wait" message for about a minute, and then an error message saying it can't open that menu item and to try again later. Strangely - it works just fine on my Explorer parked 2 feet away, so i don't think its a signal issue.

Any other ideas on what to do? It's more of a annoyance than anything, but I'd like to get it working again if i can.
Here’s a few things: (assuming Sync 3)
Check that the modem is showing its ESN in the Sync settings. If not, then it may have gone bad. Some have been able to resolve it by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. (If you do disconnect the battery, check the manual for things that may need to be addressed for a battery change.)

Check the Fordpass settings in Sync to be sure things are turned on.

Have the battery checked. I had similar issues on my Fusion and it was due to the battery. After getting it fully charged the problems were resolved.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The one time mine didn't work was because I needed to update the IOS software. Other than that it's worked great for the past 2 years but I've read where others have had nothing but problems with theirs. I do use a battery maintainer several days a week to keep it charged up.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver

Exactly what mine is doing. I tried everything. They said I need to take it to the dealer and have them update it

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
is your modem serial number visible in the info screen? my modem stopped working once ... ford pass topped working as well, the serial number was blank. I pulled the battery cable for a few minutes to totally reset everything and its been fine ever since then.
Sponsored