FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
Hey guys!

New to my Ranger and new to Ford in general. Pretty simple question, how do I go about using my Fordpass points to buy accessories? Can someone explain the process? Can I just do it through the Ford website? Do I need to go into my dealership? I just really have no clue how to use it besides the salesman telling me I can use my points for my first few oil changes.

Appreciate any help!
Sponsored

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You have to go to the dealership parts counter. Also note that the Ford Pass points can't be used on "Ford Performance" parts unless it is a Ford Performance authorized dealership. Also, most dealers still can't seem to figure out how to do this process properly.

OP
OP
FirstRanger011

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
You have to go to the dealership parts counter. Also note that the Ford Pass points can't be used on "Ford Performance" parts unless it is a Ford Performance authorized dealership. Also, most dealers still can't seem to figure out how to do this process properly.
Yeah, it seems like from what I have read it can sometimes be a complicated process.

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
Yeah, it seems like from what I have read it can sometimes be a complicated process.
Went to a dealer and parts guy had to ask someone how to order parts. He returned with a form-“Create new redemption request”. Needed my FordPass Username and the truck’s last 8 of vin. Wanted XLT missing engine cover plate and studs and nuts plus tailgate piston. Nothing in stock. Had to order or possibly transfer from another Dealer.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't even broached this subject as i'm sure the dealer will have no idea how to process it. I'll probably just attempt to use it for oil changes to et something out of it

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Do you have any idea how I can find out where the nearest Ford Performance authorized dealer near me? I would love to use my initial ~40k Ford Pass points on a FP leveling kit...

Ranger1701

First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I had no problem redeeming my points. I just called and placed a phone order, explained that I wanted to pay with points, and then went to pick up my order once it came in. To pay, I just gave them some info off my phone from the Ford Pass App.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had no problem redeeming my points. I just called and placed a phone order, explained that I wanted to pay with points, and then went to pick up my order once it came in. To pay, I just gave them some info off my phone from the Ford Pass App.

I've done the same both times I used mine. Placed the order over the phone, picked up at the parts dept then went over to the cashier to redeem my FPP.

@FirstRanger011 One thing to note is you can not use your points for online orders.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've done the same both times I used mine. Placed the order over the phone, picked up at the parts dept then went over to the cashier to redeem my FPP.

@FirstRanger011 One thing to note is you can not use your points for online orders.
What did you guys buy with your points? I’m trying to find an accessory to buy rather than use it on future maintenance. That’s not quite as exciting.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
What did you guys buy with your points? I’m trying to find an accessory to buy rather than use it on future maintenance. That’s not quite as exciting.
I bought a tailgate damper and then a bunch of maintenance parts (filters, wiper blades, etc).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I always assumed those were for vehicles not driven regularly, to keep the battery from dying. Am I wrong? Do people use them for daily drivers?
In very cold weather, the battery can struggle at startup after only a few days of inactivity. It helps to keep the charge level at maximum.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I always assumed those were for vehicles not driven regularly, to keep the battery from dying. Am I wrong? Do people use them for daily drivers?
I don't have it connected everyday but it's on there most days. My commute is usually short and there are a day or two I might not even go out and the heat is brutal here. There's so much more draw on these batteries now I just like to make sure it's fully charged. Also I couldn't find anything else I needed and this seemed like a cool accessory. ?

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Do you have any idea how I can find out where the nearest Ford Performance authorized dealer near me? I would love to use my initial ~40k Ford Pass points on a FP leveling kit...
I haven't had great luck finding out who is and is not a Ford Performance authorized dealer. One dealership said they could order from Ford Performance, then quoted me $200 over MSRP, saying that they would be paying what I could pay if I ordered direct. (I chuckled and declined the offer)
Sponsored