First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
About a month ago I had to have a coil and plug replaced which I documented in this thread. This past weekend, I went back for a scheduled oil change and tire rotation. Neither visit is showing in my FordPass app as having happened. CarFax has both visits listed, but the first visit with actual warranty work performed, was blank on CarFax. The first visit was all warranty work so I didn't pay a dime. The oil change I did pay for, but I don't have any FordPass Rewards credits applied. I'm still showing 0 points in my app. How long does it take to show points, and does the dealer have to do anything for me to earn points? The person at the cashier's desk was more than clueless when I asked this question, despite there being multiple stacks of FordPass flyers literally at the window in front of their desk.
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I also had on oil change (10/22/2020) and the points have not yet showed up. I did some checking and was told that it can take up to 4 weeks for the points to show up but I am skeptical.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, my earning points have not showed up for my oil change in August nor has the earnings for a purchase of a part that was made around the same time as the oil change but the did reduce my rewards points for the purchase.
Today ford pass quit showing my vehicles but drop down for them has them but nothing else.
A while backed I logged out and changed my pass word and now the password I set does not work and not only that when I attempt to reset the password Ford says success but will not accept my new password. The owner site is a pain and the Ford pass connect is a pain. I did notice Google play says there was an update just recently that may be the problem too. I luv their trucks but the website and Ford pass is a nightmare at times.

ThtDrnGuy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Real Estate Photographer
I called today for a similar reason and was told that they been having issues with there systems since June or July. They were going to escalate my case and manually inout the points. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
SILK

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I'm not a man known for my patience, but I just got an update in my FordPass app that my points have been awarded. I checked and there they are along with all of my service records that have been missing. Kinda weird, but they're there. This took about 4 days.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I also had on oil change (10/22/2020) and the points have not yet showed up. I did some checking and was told that it can take up to 4 weeks for the points to show up but I am skeptical.
You won't be getting any points. When they were doing your oil change the noticed you didn't have a damper and I had them forward your point to my account. ?

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You won't be getting any points. When they were doing your oil change the noticed you didn't have a damper and I had them forward your point to my account. ?
Dang, that would explain it! At least I'll continue to get points for my 2015 Fusion.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
You tried so hard Dave, but Al just refuses to be one of the cool kids. I wondered where those extra points came from on my Ford Pass account. Now I know.....Thanks Al, I'll have enough points to pay cash for a new Bronco before long. Keep up the good work my friend. :bandit::turkey:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You tried so hard Dave, but Al just refuses to be one of the cool kids. I wondered where those extra points came from on my Ford Pass account. Now I know.....Thanks Al, I'll have enough points to pay cash for a new Bronco before long. Keep up the good work my friend. :bandit::turkey:
Speaking of free points, this is a 100% true story. A few weeks before I ordered my Ranger I called the FordPass help line in order to get two FordPass accounts (my messup) merged into one. He was great and got it taken care of. While he was fixing it we got talking about the new Ranger and I told him I liked it and was going to order a 2020 Ranger. The next day 42,000 points showed up on my FordPass app! I used them when paying for my new Ranger.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Speaking of free points, this is a 100% true story. A few weeks before I ordered my Ranger I called the FordPass help line in order to get two FordPass accounts (my messup) merged into one. He was great and got it taken care of. While he was fixing it we got talking about the new Ranger and I told him I liked it and was going to order a 2020 Ranger. The next day 42,000 points showed up on my FordPass app! I used them when paying for my new Ranger.

As my dear old Dad use to say, "It not what you know, it's who you know." :) I'm just wondering if my dealership even knows what a FordPass is. Like most dealerships they change personnel at the pay window quite often.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Very told thread, but FORD is still using the excuse that there is some "glitch" in their system where points are not automatically added.
I called them, and they said the dealer reported the sale date 8 days later than the actual sale date, but they'd correct it in two weeks. Its been 38 days+.
Appears the dealer can correct the information, but they have not taken the incentive to do so.
anyone else had an issue where there are issues adding points after a new vehicle sale or service?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Very told thread, but FORD is still using the excuse that there is some "glitch" in their system where points are not automatically added.
I called them, and they said the dealer reported the sale date 8 days later than the actual sale date, but they'd correct it in two weeks. Its been 38 days+.
Appears the dealer can correct the information, but they have not taken the incentive to do so.
anyone else had an issue where there are issues adding points after a new vehicle sale or service?
Had an issue where points for service in April did not appear after several weeks. Called the Fordpass support number and they had it fixed in less than a week.

Rowdy Ranger

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lighting Blue Ranger
Occupation
Certified Welder
About a month ago I had to have a coil and plug replaced which I documented in this thread. This past weekend, I went back for a scheduled oil change and tire rotation. Neither visit is showing in my FordPass app as having happened. CarFax has both visits listed, but the first visit with actual warranty work performed, was blank on CarFax. The first visit was all warranty work so I didn't pay a dime. The oil change I did pay for, but I don't have any FordPass Rewards credits applied. I'm still showing 0 points in my app. How long does it take to show points, and does the dealer have to do anything for me to earn points? The person at the cashier's desk was more than clueless when I asked this question, despite there being multiple stacks of FordPass flyers literally at the window in front of their desk.
I called Ford Directly after I activated Ford Pass just to confim my activation. It happened immediately. But I have heard it may take a while.

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
I have still never received my points from purchasing almost a year ago, they told me in there system it showed up as used because the modem had been activated before the purchase date but it would be fixed.

I gave up after a couple hours on the phone with support on multiple occasions and a few months back and forth with my salesman.

Martyd

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL,2018 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
retired
Bought July 2020. Got sales points April 2021 after multiple calls. Finally got the right guy. FORD, time to move on from a Commadore 64.
Sponsored