Indy650

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Ok so in my paperwork I found a paper where I paid 325 dollars for a premium service plan. He sent me a picture of the thing he had and it does appear I signed a paper that says to convert points to a premium service plan although I don't remember it but thinking back I don't think I even knew what the points were. Anyway, i dont know if the points take money of the 325 I paid but apparently not because they said they can put the points towards my payment or I can keep the service plan. So what about the 325 bucks? The whole thing confuses me. I'm supposed to call and talk to a woman in sales but I'm finding the stress isn't even worth it.
Sponsored

J Krutsch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew FX4
I haven't had any problem with my dealer. I ordered my Ranger in October 2018 but it didn't arrive until early May 2019. I have never activated the ATT hot spot but the truck does connect to Wi-Fi when in my garage. I just used the complimentary first oil change and still have 42,000 ford points in my account.

OP
OP
Indy650

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
When they talk about activating the modem I think they mean activating the Forpass app. They do take your points if you don't activate that with 6 months I think it is. That's the first thing they tried telling me it was even though the salesman begged me to charge my dead phone so I could activate it before I left with the truck. The dealer gets some kind of kick back for every Fordpass app activated.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Maybe I skimmed too quickly, but it sounds like others are confused like I was regarding the difference between FordPass Connect and the AT&T hotspot service. Ford wants your data and it appears they have a M2M network setup for it. That's Connect, and it's the service that's required to be activated and maintained for 6 months in order to meet the 42k points requirements. If you're using the remote start on the app, you did it whether you remember or not. See https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-sync-connect.html.
After reading more on the subject my confusion has lessened somewhat, these are two totally different services.

And yes, the Ford pass app on my Android device does have the remote start capability.

Now if I could only figure out how to summon the truck by yelling "Hi-Yo Reddy" (unfortunately my truck is red, not silver) and have it come to me, ala Tesla Smart Summon...lol

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
Hi John,

You are asking good questions. Maybe the Dealer shows the purchase line item of $350, and how they were paid. Was it part of the sale price? Should be listed. Do not know if you financed or paid cash and do not need to know but there is a bill of sale...so if the bill of sale shows you paid $350...Why would they take your Ford Points?

Hope you can pin the dealer down on this...is the dealer close so you can visit or is it not worth it to pursue?

I never got Ford Points for my purchase and did not even know I was supposed to so I had my wife look at our paperwork...no signed document turning over the points to them, so will be talking to my salesman about this....It is almost a year now since I purchased my Ranger. Thanks for jogging me to look into this...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
My dealer ordered a set of weather tech mats for me with my points.
Sponsored