First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I see this as good and bad. It's great they got a large commercial account for the sale of 500 EV's but they cant even fulfill their customer orders. They stopped taking reservations for the Lightning and wont fulfill all those orders for 2 years if I rememberer correctly. Obviously they're going to fulfill these commercial orders before customers orders and never mind if/when another large commercial order comes in. I can see customers waiting for their new Lightning right along with those of us still waiting for their Broncos 2 years later.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/ford-motor-stock-ev-f150-lightning-51652194382?siteid=yhoof2

United Rentals URI +0.10% is buying more than 500 electric vehicles from Ford Motor F +1.37% , as the equipment rental giant aims to make its fleet more sustainable.

The deal looks like a nice win for Ford(ticker: F) and is another example of EVs making inroads into the marketplace.

United Rentals (URI) said Tuesday it was purchasing 500 Ford F-150 Lightningelectric trucks and 30 electric Transit vans, with 120 trucks and all 30 vans to be delivered in 2022.

Ford will also help United Rentals with its charging infrastructure, and will help United Rental’s customers with charging solutions, too.
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Interesting. Ford pulled their investment from Rivian and now the proposed plant in Georgia is under scrutiny.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Isn't this where all the new EV batteries are supposed to be built for the Lightning? I was hoping this had been worked out by now. The last article I saw was from over a year ago.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/f...ry-supplier-spars-with-lg-over-georgia-plant/
That story reveals issues with Georgia 's government and manufacturing. Warnock runs an ad for his reelection on the evening news touting his bringing electric bus production to Bluebird Bus company only to have the following news story talk about layoffs at the bus manufacturer in the next breath. Meanwhile Kemp catches hell for committing billions of taxpayers money to prop up Rivian

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
First pic is of a customer who ordered a Lightning...
Second is the same customer, after waiting for a Lightning, and what he settled for...

download.jpg

download (1).jpg
Sponsored