Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
Hi Everyone!

im new here and ive just set myself up with a laptop and forscan, i want to get a spreadsheet with all the codes/mods that i can do and that people want/ is anyone able to help me? i dont like having to individually search page after page looking for all these things.

Today i turned on the climate control function in the intrusment cluster and drive away locking all controlled by the steering wheel controls. and id just like to have a spreadsheet of all the other mods that i can do

thanks
Sponsored

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hi Everyone!

im new here and ive just set myself up with a laptop and forscan, i want to get a spreadsheet with all the codes/mods that i can do and that people want/ is anyone able to help me? i dont like having to individually search page after page looking for all these things.

Today i turned on the climate control function in the intrusment cluster and drive away locking all controlled by the steering wheel controls. and id just like to have a spreadsheet of all the other mods that i can do

thanks
Right now your best resource is the first post in the Forscan WIKI thread. The F150 spreadsheet is also a starting point, but use care as most of them don't apply to the Ranger.

I have started to document the configuration menu for the modules that have one, not all do. Unfortunately it is a slow process that involves sitting in the garage with my laptop. It doesn't make the wife too happy. ? I've only got a couple modules done with the menu items and selections. Also there are a couple modules my XLT doesn't have that others do based on model and option. Like, there is an additional module for the upgraded sound system. Trying to work on the biggies like BCM, IPC, APIM. Once I get a few more I'll post the sheet for comments. Putting together a sheet like the F150 for the as-built codes is a whole nother project.

If anyone knows how to find out what the codes mean and the available options are, I'd love to here it. Right now it seem a little like trial and error and how you don't brick your truck. I'm not that brave.

David530

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Mechanic/ decal and logo designer
Right now your best resource is the first post in the Forscan WIKI thread. The F150 spreadsheet is also a starting point, but use care as most of them don't apply to the Ranger.

I have started to document the configuration menu for the modules that have one, not all do. Unfortunately it is a slow process that involves sitting in the garage with my laptop. It doesn't make the wife too happy. ? I've only got a couple modules done with the menu items and selections. Also there are a couple modules my XLT doesn't have that others do based on model and option. Like, there is an additional module for the upgraded sound system. Trying to work on the biggies like BCM, IPC, APIM. Once I get a few more I'll post the sheet for comments. Putting together a sheet like the F150 for the as-built codes is a whole nother project.

If anyone knows how to find out what the codes mean and the available options are, I'd love to here it. Right now it seem a little like trial and error and how you don't brick your truck. I'm not that brave.
So, how far did you get with this project?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So, how far did you get with this project?
I have to tell you, it's been on the back burner for a couple years. I have all the modules for my '19 XLT that were available at that time. I haven't been in Forscan for quite a while. I'd have to get a new license. I do have a file with separate sheets for each module. Not sure what's been added or changed. If your interested I suppose I could upload a copy if your interested.

Going camping tomorrow so it would be next week at the earliest.

David530

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have to tell you, it's been on the back burner for a couple years. I have all the modules for my '19 XLT that were available at that time. I haven't been in Forscan for quite a while. I'd have to get a new license. I do have a file with separate sheets for each module. Not sure what's been added or changed. If your interested I suppose I could upload a copy if your interested.

Going camping tomorrow so it would be next week at the earliest.
Wonder how difficult would be from a 23, that's what I have, I'm honestly just starting to get into all this foreskin stuff lol so kinda still learning here and there what different things mean

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wonder how difficult would be from a 23, that's what I have, I'm honestly just starting to get into all this foreskin stuff lol so kinda still learning here and there what different things mean
Not sure about the '23, but this might at least be a staring point. I did have a file with all my asbuilts documented also. I'm kind of anal about that stuff.

My most important suggestion is to back up all your asbuilt files before you make any changes. It makes it simple to reload all the original settings if something doesn't do what you want. I even make incremental back ups after I got it the way I wanted, so I could go back to something I knew works. But again that's just me.

David530

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure about the '23, but this might at least be a staring point. I did have a file with all my asbuilts documented also. I'm kind of anal about that stuff.

My most important suggestion is to back up all your asbuilt files before you make any changes. It makes it simple to reload all the original settings if something doesn't do what you want. I even make incremental back ups after I got it the way I wanted, so I could go back to something I knew works. But again that's just me.
I've read in a few different places that you should always save the original settings, so I will definitely be doing that. As far as I've seen forscan is free except for the extended license that's only needed for a few things, correct?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've read in a few different places that you should always save the original settings, so I will definitely be doing that. As far as I've seen forscan is free except for the extended license that's only needed for a few things, correct?
It is free to download but you need the license to make any changes or run any of the maintenance procedures. They have a 2 month free trial license or a 1 year paid. I have renewed the free trial a couple times. Also the only version you can make changes with is the Windows version. The mobile version can only read and clear codes. The whole license thing has been a bit of a mess with the sanctions on Russia because the war.
Sponsored