djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like there is a new black appearance package available. Includes spray-in as well as new blacked out rims, grille and some trim pieces. $2k.

Ranger-Black-Pack_Lariat_SuperCrew.jpg

Ford press release:
  • Ranger buyers now have another choice to customize their truck with the new Black Appearance Package; more than two-thirds of all-new 2019 Ford Ranger pickups flying out of showrooms are optioned with an appearance package
  • Ranger Black Appearance Package features an aggressive look with a black grille, running boards, accented wheels and more, making body colors like Hot Pepper Red and Lightning Blue pop
  • Ranger fans can order the Black Appearance Package for their trucks now, with deliveries starting in early summer
DEARBORN, Mich., March 25, 2019 – With the all-new Ford Ranger off to a strong start since the first trucks went on sale in January, Ford is already introducing a new Black Appearance Package, helping buyers further customize their Ranger to match their unique personal style.

More than two-thirds of all-new Ranger pickups are leaving showrooms optioned with either the Sport Appearance Package that adds unique wheels and Magnetic Gray-painted accents, or the Chrome Appearance Package with bright chrome wheels and chrome body accents.

The new Black Appearance Package gives Ranger customers a bold and stylish new option.

“Like the rest of their gear, Ranger customers are choosing the option that best fits their adventures,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Having the right gear matters and so does the right look. The Black Appearance Package adds aggressive style to the adventures our customers embark on.”

Available with any Ranger body color, the Black Appearance Package’s aggressive look will help the truck stand out on the beach or in the backcountry. Its standard features include:
  • Black-painted grille
  • Body-color bumpers
  • High-gloss black-painted 18-inch aluminum wheels with black center caps
  • Black running boards
  • Black spray-in bed liner
  • Black fender vent surround
  • Black mirrors
  • Black sill plate
  • Black bash plate on FX4 Off-Road Package
  • Black lower valance
The Ranger Black Appearance Package is available as an option for $1,995 (excludes taxes) and can be ordered at dealers now, with deliveries targeted to begin in early summer.

More images, posted by @kaltzbar

Ranger Black Package 1.jpg
Ranger Black Package 2.jpg
Ranger Black Package 3.jpg
Ranger Black Package 4.jpg
Ranger Black Package 5.jpg
Ranger Black Package 6.jpg
Ranger Black Package 7.jpg
View attachment 6947
C10077119_RANG_Lariat_SprCrw_18inBlckPntdAlumWhl_ft.jpg

G10089720_RANG_DoorSillPlateBlackChrome_mj.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up. I'm only a couple of weeks away from ordering mine, and I'm not going to lie - I think I like the black appearance more than the sport appearance. Except that C&D article doesn't show it in Saber, and I can't seem to find it on ford.com's build & configure tool yet.

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Looks like there is a new black appearance package available. Includes spray-in as well as new blacked out rims, grille and some trim pieces. $2k.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26897702/2019-ford-ranger-pickup-black-edition/
Ford really sticking it to their early adopters, eh? Taking delivery on my Ranger, ordered in November, either today or tomorrow and I'd absolutely have gone with this package had it been available then. :curse:

Guess I'll just stick with my original plan and black it out myself.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Whaaat, pay extra for a black out, LOL. Pay less and buy a XL. Is buying a Ranger a fashion statement for you guys.

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Here's some higher quality images from Ford's internal image database. I saw these last week but didn't want to leak too early!

C10076420_RANG_Lariat_SCFX4_34FrntDrvr_HPredBlackPackJB_mn.jpg

C10076520_RANG_Lariat_SCFX4_34FrntDrvr_LghtngBlueBlackPackJB_mn.jpg

C10076620_RANG_Lariat_SCFX4_34FrntDrvr_SilverBlackPackJB_mn.jpg

C10076720_RANG_Lariat_SCFX4_34FrntDrvr_MgntcBlackPackJB_mn.jpg

C10076820_RANG_Lariat_SCFX4_34FrntDrvr_OxWhiteBlackPackJB_mn.jpg

C10076920_RANG_Lariat_SCFX4_34FrntDrvr_ShdwBlkBlackPackJB_mn.jpg

C10077020_RANG_Lariat_SCFX4_34FrntDrvr_WhtPlatBlackPackJB_mn.jpg

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Engineer
cool appearance package! wonder what percentage of dealer orders will contain this? some of the trucks on dealer lots near me have the chrome appearance package which I've not been looking for

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
I'da probably sprung for this...
No way I'm going to the back of the line at this point though . :headbang:

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Ford really sticking it to their early adopters, eh? Taking delivery on my Ranger, ordered in November, either today or tomorrow and I'd absolutely have gone with this package had it been available then. :curse:

Guess I'll just stick with my original plan and black it out myself.
This is aggravating. They make it available after I take delivery. Awesome.

OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
the black skid is the right way to go. for all the models.
Of the visual on my truck the grey one seems out of place.
I will likely paint mine at some point
I’m doing that too. Might flexidip spray it though or wrap. I’m not expecting mine to be functional.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion, that's what they should have offered in the Sport Package. Black looks a lot better IMO than magnetic as a contrast. As for me, I chose the Chrome package on the Platinum White. No regrets

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
That's why they make different options--I think the sports trim looks much better, and I didn't even like that enough to order it.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I like how the black package adds body colored bumpers with the black accents. I feel the sport package should have had body colored bumpers as well. The magnetic color seems to me to be more of an off road package kind of color treatment.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Tastes change over time. There was a time when I would have wanted this. Now, not so much. I understand the frustration of a few here who would have like to order the option. I have a feeling I'm going to feel that same frustration next year if they come with new color choices.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
Tastes change over time. There was a time when I would have wanted this. Now, not so much. I understand the frustration of a few here who would have like to order the option. I have a feeling I'm going to feel that same frustration next year if they come with new color choices.
Agreed, couple years ago I would’ve definitely went for this but I like the contrast of what I have now .. them wheels alone are terrible .. now if they added heated steering wheels I would be upset lol
Sponsored