First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
If I dont use a Ford product will that void my warranty? Im new to the truck world so not sure about this stuff.
Sponsored

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Unless they can prove your suspension kit of choice was the cause of the failure you are good to go, it doesn't apply to non related stuff at all, say your motor drops a valve, they wouldn't even think of mentioning your suspension. Goggle the Moss Magnuson Act if that is confusing at all.

Ford only applies the warranty to their " kit " if you have an authorised shop instal it. If not the warranty reverts back to Fox for the kit.

OP
OP
soccer26fan

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Unless they can prove your suspension kit of choice was the cause of the failure you are good to go, it doesn't apply to non related stuff at all, say your motor drops a valve, they wouldn't even think of mentioning your suspension. Goggle the Moss Magnuson Act if that is confusing at all.

Ford only applies the warranty to their " kit " if you have an authorised shop instal it. If not the warranty reverts back to Fox for the kit.
Thank you for the info

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

LOL thankfully we dont own GM vehicles. They have denied engine replacements under warranty just because of a lift and begger tires(no I'm not talking monster truck tires either). They claimed it was putting too much stress on the engine and that is why it went at 30,000 miles.

With that said they still have to prove the suspension kit caused the issue. I have the Old Man EMU lift and it is still within tolerance of the factory so I wont have any premature failures
Sponsored