Ford Bronco having severe roof problems...

cclayton

First Name
Collin Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
In my opinion I think the New Bronco's will have future sealing problems even when Ford get's the handle on production for the hard to roof's
I think they will as well. I had a 2016 Jeep Wrangler that leaked around the front driver side a-pillar and the tops had never been taken off.
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I think they will as well. I had a 2016 Jeep Wrangler that leaked around the front driver side a-pillar and the tops had never been taken off.
If you look at the Bronco roof frame design, its unlikely it will not flex when off roading

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 1990 YJ (2nd owner). DD for 6 years. The factory hardtop did not come off until it was 16 years old. Then for the next 6 years it was Bestop softop on in March and hardtop back on in late october. Never a leak with either. I know, 1990 was not first year for the YJ.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you look at the Bronco roof frame design, its unlikely it will not flex when off roading
Correct, the whole area is actually the roll bar and the strongest part of the vehicle. They did this for the open air experience with no cross bar dividing the front and rear seats. Mine was always going to be a MY'22 and I never would buy another first year run vehicle.

Ford has already taken control of Webasto and the new tooling will be installed by the end of next month. Of course now they'll have to do more testing with the new tops but it sounds like they know what the issues are and have a fix for them.

From a very credible source on B6G:

Post #229

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cos-will-have-tops-replaced.21508/post-767287

Lots of people are assuming this means a new supplier, but I don't have any confirmation of that. From what I can tell, this new tooling for the MIC hardtops is being designed and paid for by Ford and will be installed at the Plymouth plant for Webasto to produce.

The MOD tops coming in 23 are from a new supplier that has yet to be publicly identified.

DCPX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just another example of why buying a first yr model of any manufacturer is risky.
Having said that, imagine no one buys first yr models? lol!!!!!
I bought a first year fiesta in 2011. Will never be purchasing a first year car again or one made in Mexico

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Most likely. Figure there will be folks taking the top on and off a lot, which just by virtue of that, will lead to issues. I'm not to familiar with the Jeeps but I'd think they have similar issues which have become a "Jeep thing".
My YJ's hardtop has been on and off quite regularly and doesn't leak. It's over 25 years old.

Not a Jeep thing.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I bought a first year fiesta in 2011. Will never be purchasing a first year car again or one made in Mexico
Lemme guess. DCT. Did you really think an econobox with a DCT was gonna last? Should've got the manual.

Also, calling that Fiesta a "first year car" is like calling the '19 Ranger a "first year car."
Cough ... it was a Fiesta. LOL. ;)
My Fiesta was a great car. Although it wasn't a first year, or DCT. But it was made in Mexico, which I was bit worried about. But it's build quality was just as good or better than my Ranger. Seems the Mexicans can build a car just as good as the union boys here. Cheaper too.

DCPX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Lemme guess. DCT. Did you really think an econobox with a DCT was gonna last? Should've got the manual.

Also, calling that Fiesta a "first year car" is like calling the '19 Ranger a "first year car."

My Fiesta was a great car. Although it wasn't a first year, or DCT. But it was made in Mexico, which I was bit worried about. But it's build quality was just as good or better than my Ranger. Seems the Mexicans can build a car just as good as the union boys here. Cheaper too.

It did have the DCT problem but the main issue was a code I kept getting that stated Engine Malfunction.

SenaFr

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Just another example of why buying a first yr model of any manufacturer is risky.
Having said that, imagine no one buys first yr models? lol!!!!!
LOL ) brand new model has already three more recalls with driveshaft and suspension (source) in additional to the roof. will Bronco have big sales? nevermind

HRBrad8

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
I have a buddy who has one on order now for like a year I guess, he was informed it will be 2022 before he may see it. he is thinking Ranger now
didn't think to long about getting a Ranger. I am liking the Ranger but I need to remember it is only temporary and try not to do to many mods.
IMG_4394.jpg

JimboAnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - Sold
didn't think to long about getting a Ranger. I am liking the Ranger but I need to remember it is only temporary and try not to do to many mods.
IMG_4394.jpg
Great looking Ranger Danger. The BIG question is are you going to install a damper or are you anti damper? Team Damper / Team Anti-Damper