Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
So after a ton of time picking out the perfect wheel for me i went to order it and they are on national back order for 9-12 weeks. :/. So i was considering just ordering the rtr flares now but unsure how they would look on stock rims and spacers seem a waste since the rims will happen in next 3-6 months

Guess what im asking is any one have picks with flares on stock or stock offset wheels?
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
So after a ton of time picking out the perfect wheel for me i went to order it and they are on national back order for 9-12 weeks. :/. So i was considering just ordering the rtr flares now but unsure how they would look on stock rims and spacers seem a waste since the rims will happen in next 3-6 months

Guess what im asking is any one have picks with flares on stock or stock offset wheels?
No. Makes it look like your truck skips leg day.
Around here I see a lot of trucks, usually full-size Chevys, with massive flares and stock tires and are invariably driven by old men. Looks silly.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Up in Alberta, I see a lot of heavy-duty trucks with big flares and stock wheels/tires. The old-timers like the utility and more concerned with function over form. That 3” pocket flare looks silly, considering the factory tire is already inset more than some would prefer. They do help protect the paint and the mirrors. Farm/construction/oil field trucks get used hard.
If you are talking about a 1-2” flare, it will look just fine.

Or, just order them and wait to install with the new wheel/tire. 6 months is a long time, and you may change your mind. Meaning you may find a different flare you prefer, not that you would go without. Selling a set never installed is a lot easier than used…

Last edited:

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
No. Makes it look like your truck skips leg day.
Around here I see a lot of trucks, usually full-size Chevys, with massive flares and stock tires and are invariably driven by old men. Looks silly.
Lmao stock tires are staying with the new rims anyway its a tremor so they are 265/70/17s. So not as bad but i do get what your saying.

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Up in Alberta, I see a lot of heavy-duty trucks with big flares and stock wheels/tires. The old-timers like the utility and more concerned with function over form. That 3” pocket flare looks silly, considering the factory tire is already inset more than some would prefer. They do help protect the paint and the mirrors. Farm/construction/oil field trucks get used hard.
If you are talking about a 1-2” flare, it will look just fine.

Or, just order them and wait to install with the new wheel/tire. 6 months is a long time, and you may change your mind. Meaning you may find a different flare you prefer, not that you would go without. Selling a set never installed is a lot easier than used…
Yeah they are only 1.5” of coverage but the factory tuck is the reason new wheels are happening.

as far as wait to install thats probably not gonna happen. If a pkg arrives at 4 pm wife knows she is gonna door dash dinner because ill be in the garage till 9. ??‍♂

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Lmao stock tires are staying with the new rims anyway its a tremor so they are 265/70/17s. So not as bad but i do get what your saying.
About to switch to the performance wheels and upgrade tires to 265/70/17- have to decide what brand. What tires you have?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Shortages? Parts stuck on a boat off the California coast? No problem!
Home Depot has ya covered!

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
About to switch to the performance wheels and upgrade tires to 265/70/17- have to decide what brand. What tires you have?
They are the general grabber atx’s
Sponsored