First time buying a truck - please help!

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
Hi again everyone.
Here's pics of my new baby! Thank you again for all of your comments. Very helpful. I ended up with a new 2019 supercab with FX4, tow package, BLIS, 302A. Selling the running boards and soft tonneau that came with it on this forum if anybody is interested. Thank you again! ❤

IMG-6254.jpg
IMG-6255.jpg

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
That looks good.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi again everyone.
Here's pics of my new baby! Thank you again for all of your comments. Very helpful. I ended up with a new 2019 supercab with FX4, tow package, BLIS, 302A. Selling the running boards and soft tonneau that came with it on this forum if anybody is interested. Thank you again! ❤

IMG-6254.jpg
IMG-6255.jpg
Very nice!!! :like: Congrats!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi again everyone.

IMG-6254.jpg
IMG-6255.jpg
Hi Char,

Wow! I was amazed you selected the Ranger! I thought we lost you to an SOB (Some Other Brand). Congrats on your purchase! I hope you have miles and miles of pleasure and adventure with your new Ranger. I am proud of the heritage of the Ranger of which I was part and based on my 2019 Ranger, I feel that Ford has a very well done offering even though I have been retired from the company for near 18 years now.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f 150/2020 Polaris sportsman
Occupation
retired tin knocker local 12 Pittsburgh
Thank you so much for the input. I'm looking at an XLT. What do you think?
xlt is were iam at as well . check left over 2020 rangers you can up grade trim packages don't be afraid to get what you want i got a f 150 off the lot that had stuff i would never order heated seats ,navigation, step inside tailgate ,fx4 pac, all stuff i put on the one i ordered (no tail gate step) cant wait only reason i didn't look at surplus 2020 i got cactus a new color for 21 but that's me (picky)

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
If you’re referring to my Ranger - Thank You!!! If you mean Charwest’s Ranger, I also agree!!! :like: Love these Rangers!:turkey:
we put 16k miles on our baby in 6 months and have had zero buyers remorse. tickled pink with our choice.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
People compare to Tacoma all the time. I was at the dealer Saturday and they had 3 Tacomas and a Ridgeline on the used car lot. All with less than 20k miles and one with 1.9k miles. I had to ask and was told they were Ranger trade ins......Wonder Why???

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
People compare to Tacoma all the time. I was at the dealer Saturday and they had 3 Tacomas and a Ridgeline on the used car lot. All with less than 20k miles and one with 1.9k miles. I had to ask and was told they were Ranger trade ins......Wonder Why???
Before buying our Ranger, we test-drove the Taco. Being over 6', I found the driver's seat/positioning somewhere between "uncomfortable" and "torture device". The top of my head was a fraction of an inch from hitting the roof and I actually had to slouch down to see the horizon. Since we'd be using this truck on long trips, I couldn't imagine sitting in that cab for 6 hours or more at a time. I've thoroughly enjoyed long drives in the Ranger. It's my guess that many taller drivers have not enjoyed the same in the Taco.

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 FX4, 2011 CRV,1998 Ford E250 super
Occupation
contractor
As you might guess there are a lot of ranger lovers here including me. These things blast up hills and will make you think you are driving a quick car in terms of power. I got 14 mpg pulling a trailer up to Flagstaff, it was hard to keep it under 85 even up 7% grades.
I got 26 mpg on the way back, at about 75 mph.(no trailer)
4200 miles and not a single issue. And it is a pleasure to drive seats are very comfortable and the seating position is excellent. I think you should have taken that deal as I bought mine fx4 with tow package for 38k otd.

Rapid Roy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
Hi Char,

I will throw my two cents in here as well. I feel the Ranger is a more than competitive offering in the midsize pickup class. The performance is superb. Powertrain is sliky smooth. I was very pleased with my 2019 Ranger Crewcab. I went top of the line as my 2007 was base model and I wanted this to be a long term truck to tow behind the motor home. The Ranger has a fully boxed frame that is super robust. The front fenders and hood as well as the tailgate are Military Grade aluminum. I am partial to the FX4 suspension package as I created the brand when I headed up Ford Ranger Vehicle Engineering. Search for the thread might bring up the story behind the FX4.

Drive and evaluate all the competitive products and hopefully the Ranger will outshine the other brands!

Good Luck to you!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil Schilke, my first 4x4 was the '02 Ranger FX4
Thank you