Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
So I had to put something over my locker switches because my phone doesn't always stay in the mount I put on the dash and I don't want it to fall and somehow hit both the compressor and locker switch when going too fast.

So here is what I came up with. I bought a couple of corner brackets and used a hex bolt and washer to fasten them together and then used some double sided gorilla tape to hold it in place.

I'll trim back the tape a bit and eventually spray paint it black, but this is how it will be for now.
IMG_20200712_102645.jpg
IMG_20200712_102657.jpg
Right on ! you gott'er done, this is now on my short list, now that i got my winch in, next is the roof rack and ARB locker, hopefully before fall huntin season. I like your build because its very practical, not about appearance or flare, just operational necessity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Right on ! you gott'er done, this is now on my short list, now that i got my winch in, next is the roof rack and ARB locker, hopefully before fall huntin season. I like your build because its very practical, not about appearance or flare, just operational necessity.
Yep it officially done! And the shop who messed it up in the beginning gave me all my money back and made things right, so I broke even on the whole project!! And I appreciate the positive take on my build. I have a little appearance put into it to make it mine, but like you said most of it is practical.

I'm looking to just add a upgrade on the suspension, a tune, and front skid plate. After that I'll spend more time on the trails them doing work to it. Let me know when you get yours done, you'll love the results and capability the ARB brings.

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
+1 your locker setup is goals! but love what you did to the wheels man.

thread needs more pics and landscape oriented videos :p

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Since I had a little extra Plasti dip left, I finished the locker switch project and painted it and cut the tap back a bit. Looks great and very happy with it.

The next part I wanted to share was the recovery gear I always have with me.

1xKinetic Rope
1xHitch recovery point
1xExtra metal shakle
4xSoft shakles
2xSnatch Blocks
1xTow rope
1xTree saver
1xShovel
1xWinch remote
1xJack (not pictured)
1xTool kit (not pictured)

IMG_20200723_150407.jpg
IMG_20200723_150411.jpg
IMG_20200723_145848.jpg

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
+1 your locker setup is goals! but love what you did to the wheels man.

thread needs more pics and landscape oriented videos :p
Thanks! I thought it needed to have just a little bit of a different look and changing the wheel color made that happen. You'll love the locker once you do it!

I'll be sure to get more videos in the right view so that I'm able to please the masses! Can't have someone upset again......lol

We are planning some day trips up to some trails for the upcoming weekends!

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
So after a lot of waiting, the ARB rear locker has been installed and I'm 300 miles shy of it being broken in, once that happens, we will go test it out!

The compressor is set up in the jack area. It had a hole in the side of the frame that factory lines had already been ran in. So it made it super simple to run the lines to the battery and the diff.

IMG_20200617_125851.jpg

IMG_20200617_125902.jpg

IMG_20200617_125945.jpg

IMG_20200617_130027.jpg

IMG_20200617_130030.jpg
Dude I dig the set up. Weird question, does the compressor get loud in the cab?

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Dude I dig the set up. Weird question, does the compressor get loud in the cab?
Sorry for the delayed response! I’ve been away for work and just got busy. The compressor only is loud when you turn it on to lock the rear diff. Once it hits that mark, it shuts off and you don’t hear it again. It isn’t even that loud on the initially start up either since its under the seat.

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
It has been awhile since I’ve posted here! I’m away for work and finally able to have decent internet. The list of want grows daily! Yesterday I purchased the OME standard load suspension system. The shop I went through said it’s on back order for 6-8 weeks, which is alright since I’ll be back home in that timeframe. Once I get that installed, I’m looking at getting a little bit larger wheel/tire combination. The research drives on for that, lots of options.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Sorry for the delayed response! I’ve been away for work and just got busy. The compressor only is loud when you turn it on to lock the rear diff. Once it hits that mark, it shuts off and you don’t hear it again. It isn’t even that loud on the initially start up either since its under the seat.
Thank for the input! This gives me more info to see if I wanna put the same on mine lol.

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Thank for the input! This gives me more info to see if I wanna put the same on mine lol.
Feel free to reach out anytime to ask questions. There is a parts list in this thread from the shop I had install it. If you do it, I highly recommend going to a shop that is a authorized ARB dealer. Get all the parts and work done by them. It cost a bit, but well worth it.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Do you regret not getting a 4wd? I had a x2 truck in the past and swore I would never get another one. That thing constantly stayed stuck in the dumbest places. Like my back yard a few times at the worst times.

True story: After my injury in Iraq, I was in a wheel chair for a while. My truck was modified for that purpose. My make shift ramp was in the back of the house, it was sleeting and the 2wd truck was stuck. So Im sitting in my backyard , debating on trying to get to the ramp. I went for it, and my chair was stuck. I had to call a friend who lived across town(another embarrassing moment) and that took a while. I was pretty cold by the time he got there to help. ?
The ramp accumulated ice by then, so we opened the front door and ran his wench cable to the back. We hooked the cable and he winched me in ?
My wheel chair was electric and very very heavy. ?

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Do you regret not getting a 4wd? I had a x2 truck in the past and swore I would never get another one. That thing constantly stayed stuck in the dumbest places. Like my back yard a few times at the worst times.

True story: After my injury in Iraq, I was in a wheel chair for a while. My truck was modified for that purpose. My make shift ramp was in the back of the house, it was sleeting and the 2wd truck was stuck. So Im sitting in my backyard , debating on trying to get to the ramp. I went for it, and my chair was stuck. I had to call a friend who lived across town(another embarrassing moment) and that took a while. I was pretty cold by the time he got there to help. ?
The ramp accumulated ice by then, so we opened the front door and ran his wench cable to the back. We hooked the cable and he winched me in ?
My wheel chair was electric and very very heavy. ?
No regrets at all. Right now the 2WD is perfect for what I’m using it for. The addition of the air locker and a good set of tires has made it so I can go off the beaten path a bit and not have to worry. Also, that’s why I installed a winch as well, always have to have contingencies. I have about 8 years before I can retire and once I do that, we are moving back home and I’ll get a 4WD something, probably another Ranger, but right now I’m good and I will continue to push the limits of the set up I have once I get back from this rotation.

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Made another purchase off my wants list yesterday. It’s on back order for 5-6 weeks, which is fine by me since I’m still not home.

589fab Front and Oil Pan Skid Plate! Will help out a bit when I start to push the limits of my 4x2 this summer.

B2975F46-AAEA-4589-8B13-115D20548788.jpeg

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Looking forward to see where your truck ends up. ? who am I kidding the mods never stop:D
Sponsored