First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Architectural Designer
Nice truck.. Is that roof rapped or stock from factory?
I wrapped the roof myself using a VViViD satin vinyl wrap from amazon. Really easy to install once the vinyl sat in the sun for a couple hours and warmed up.
The matching satin black windshield banner is from TFB Designs, pre-cut to the Rangers windshield shape, took 5 minutes to install.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hey everyone, just introducing myself and my ranger.
Name is Ian, from San Clemente, CA. Planning to build my Ranger into a pre-runner

2020 Ford Ranger XLT
- Crew Cab
- FX2 Package
- Sport Appearance Package
- KMC Wheels
- 33" Toyo Tires
- 3" Leveling Kit
- RTR Fender Flares

Ranger Camp.JPG

Ranger Dirt.JPG

Ranger Gas Station.JPG
Awesome Ranger and welcome to the best damper graphene Ranger forum! =D

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I wrapped the roof myself using a VViViD satin vinyl wrap from amazon. Really easy to install once the vinyl sat in the sun for a couple hours and warmed up.
The matching satin black windshield banner is from TFB Designs, pre-cut to the Rangers windshield shape, took 5 minutes to install.
I’m diggin’ that roof as well. Another member here has his done up like that (might be a cactus grey truck - don’t exactly recall) and it looks amazing.

I really like how your rig is coming together. ?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on replacing the tailgate with a "prerunner" style gate at some point so I will not be adding strut assist

Tailgate.JPG
Hi Ian,

Seeing this brings me to another Back Story. I managed Ford's Off Road Racing for 25 years of my 30 year career. We planned a big celebration of our prior year championships for the Top Brass of Truck Engineering. I reserved (Via my VP, Ed Hagenlocker) the company Folker F28 40 passenger Jet. My Motorsport crew would be going as well. We reserved a Helicopter for the top dogs. Well....Things at Ford can be volatile and the CEO called a meeting of Top brass in Mackinaw Island....So Top Brass did not attend...So what to do with the helicoptor??? I and 3 of my crew would chase the race in a Helicoptor... We were up in the air following Robby Gordon in his Trick Truck when he had a flat...His co driver was Lee M of SVO for this leg of the race. So the helicopter landed us across from the truck and I got out and ran to the truck. Robby was hammering on the big knock off nut and Lee was trying to get this tire off the back of the truck without success. I ran up to Robby, who was startled but told me to not help Lee as it was against the rules...Lee finally got the tire loose and to Robby and the two of them got the wheel changed and threw the flat on the ground...then Robby shouted to me...Phil! Get this tire out of here.... and I shouted back Okay....I am on it... And off they went... So I am standing in the middle of nowhere with this heavy tire...What to do???? Helicopter can't take it but there was a chase truck coming for another stricken vehicle, a buggy and I flagged them down and they took the tire to drop off at the next pit for Robby's team... Back the helicopter and off we flew to follow the race...I was a dusty mess, but what fun.... Hooked up with Robby after the race...He said Man to see you in the middle of nowhere...how the F*ck did you get there...I told him helicopter... he says Wild Man...

And so...adventures of taking on a voluntee job at Ford as well as my day job...It paid dividends beyond anything I could imaggine...

Best,
Phil

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I plan on replacing the tailgate with a "prerunner" style gate at some point so I will not be adding strut assist

Tailgate.JPG
i like those too! the only draw back is no tail gate means no factory back up camera.

Deleted member 15875

Hi Ian,

Seeing this brings me to another Back Story. I managed Ford's Off Road Racing for 25 years of my 30 year career. We planned a big celebration of our prior year championships for the Top Brass of Truck Engineering. I reserved (Via my VP, Ed Hagenlocker) the company Folker F28 40 passenger Jet. My Motorsport crew would be going as well. We reserved a Helicopter for the top dogs. Well....Things at Ford can be volatile and the CEO called a meeting of Top brass in Mackinaw Island....So Top Brass did not attend...So what to do with the helicoptor??? I and 3 of my crew would chase the race in a Helicoptor... We were up in the air following Robby Gordon in his Trick Truck when he had a flat...His co driver was Lee M of SVO for this leg of the race. So the helicopter landed us across from the truck and I got out and ran to the truck. Robby was hammering on the big knock off nut and Lee was trying to get this tire off the back of the truck without success. I ran up to Robby, who was startled but told me to not help Lee as it was against the rules...Lee finally got the tire loose and to Robby and the two of them got the wheel changed and threw the flat on the ground...then Robby shouted to me...Phil! Get this tire out of here.... and I shouted back Okay....I am on it... And off they went... So I am standing in the middle of nowhere with this heavy tire...What to do???? Helicopter can't take it but there was a chase truck coming for another stricken vehicle, a buggy and I flagged them down and they took the tire to drop off at the next pit for Robby's team... Back the helicopter and off we flew to follow the race...I was a dusty mess, but what fun.... Hooked up with Robby after the race...He said Man to see you in the middle of nowhere...how the F*ck did you get there...I told him helicopter... he says Wild Man...

And so...adventures of taking on a voluntee job at Ford as well as my day job...It paid dividends beyond anything I could imaggine...

Best,
Phil
What year was this?
Sponsored