First Encounter in the "Wild" (Ranger's Spotted Megathread)

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand your decision not to, but as it is public information as it stands, I just don't understand why people are so private about something that is required to be displayed to the public in the first place.
Again, I agree with you 100%. But knowing there are some out there who don't like having their plates (or other public info) posted on a forum like this, I won't post another person's plate if I don't know their preference.

Unless they piss me off - then all bets are off :LOL:
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
FYI...I can still see the plate number. Also, I don't understand why people hide plate numbers. Knowing someone's plate number doesn't give you access to anything unless you're a cop or work for the DMV. :crackup:
I know right? Who started this dumb trend? What about the other cars in the background? I've proudly displayed my own plates every single day for the last 23 thousand miles :facepalm:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Washington State plate here in CA.

2A493B5B-6BC1-47AB-BAC7-89CC8CC53822.jpeg
I should have mentioned this but forgot since I hardly ever see them in the wild, but on my very first day taking Maggie to work, when leaving, I stopped to make my right turn onto the busy highway, and stopped right in front of me is this exact truck. I found that very ironic.

Deleted member 1634

I have noticed that I'm not the only Ranger at my place of work anymore. There's a SuperCab HPR XLT that parks quite a few rows away. Looks good too. Guess I no longer have the unique and special vehicle in the lot anymore. haha

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Spotted this beauty while walking out from Winco up in Surprise this morning. I love my Saber color but now after seeing this up close almost makes me wish I got the HPR color with the black appearance package.

IMG_1900.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg

dan1431

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was returning my rental car to Alamo and lo and behold a Ranger Lariat pulled up behind me in the rental return line, never expected to see a Ranger end up in a rental fleet.

Deleted member 1634

I have noticed that I'm not the only Ranger at my place of work anymore. There's a SuperCab HPR XLT that parks quite a few rows away. Looks good too. Guess I no longer have the unique and special vehicle in the lot anymore. haha
UPDATE: When leaving work last night, I saw the other Ranger leaving the parking lot, as he pulled up beside me I gave him a wave, knowing nod, and said nice truck. He just stared me down with dead eyes and drove away without using his turn signal on 2 occasions. So it looks like our shared Ranger-ship is not on the table. haha Had Wisconsin plates, so I'm not surprised. Darn cheeseheads. haha

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
UPDATE: When leaving work last night, I saw the other Ranger leaving the parking lot, as he pulled up beside me I gave him a wave, knowing nod, and said nice truck. He just stared me down with dead eyes and drove away without using his turn signal on 2 occasions. So it looks like our shared Ranger-ship is not on the table. haha Had Wisconsin plates, so I'm not surprised. Darn cheeseheads. haha
He's still bitter from the Championship game. lol
Sponsored