Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to take the new truck (and my wife!) to the beach on New Years day. This truck is so great. One of the many reasons I chose it was due to the EPA MPG estimates compared to the competition. This truck did not disappoint. On the way there I averaged 26mpg and I did roughly 10 miles of soft sand beach driving. When I got home the entire trip averaged about 24 mpg!

Even better than the MPG was how this thing performed in the sand. I took the opportunity to test out all of the different combinations of drive modes, diff lock etc. Trail Control is by far the best feature in this scenario because the beach has a 10 mph speed limit and its very soft sand. Setting the truck in 4hi with the trail control at 10mph it just smoothly glided its way over the sand. I did not know you can use trail control in 2wd but you can! I tried it though and the truck did not like it, almost immediately getting bogged down until I switched back to 4wd.

I came across one stuck vehicle, a small Subaru and the poor guy was digging like crazy to get it out. I offered to help but some guys with a Jeep were there already and they had a winch so I just let them deal with it. After driving away that's when I realized this truck doesn't have any rear tow points and the front hooks are solid, they don't have any notch to put a strap through like my old Jeep did. I need to remedy that. I have a receiver but haven't bought anything yet for the rear.

Overall it was a great day in a great truck and I've almost hit 1000 miles now. Hopefully the next 100,000 go just as well!

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I decided to take the new truck (and my wife!) to the beach on New Years day. This truck is so great. One of the many reasons I chose it was due to the EPA MPG estimates compared to the competition. This truck did not disappoint. On the way there I averaged 26mpg and I did roughly 10 miles of soft sand beach driving. When I got home the entire trip averaged about 24 mpg!
Nothing like a huge smile on your face to start the New Year, eh?

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Glad you're enjoying it. I wish mine would hit those EPA numbers. Sadly it's never even been close.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I'll be doing the same thing on our outer banks soon if we can get some temps like yours.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I have this hitch for my truck. It has a 13,000# straight line pull.

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I'm glad you got to check out your new Ranger, hopefully I can this year after I start a new job and have a little disposable income. I do really like the trail control myself also.

Enjoy!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Glad you're enjoying it. I wish mine would hit those EPA numbers. Sadly it's never even been close.
I've found that the more you engage the cruise control, the higher the MPG numbers will go. Give it a try. I even use the cruise control in town.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
We got ours on the 21st & we love it. We only have 600 miles on it & the consumption is as advertized. Was doing about 18 but now it's closer to 21 combined. We got about 23 on the highway yesterday.

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the replies guys....enjoying this forum so far!
Yeah there seems to be a real good group of guys and gals here, they don't seem to even mind my BS.
My first visit to Florida was this last February, the beaches are pretty restrictive with dogs, we were kind of trapped in our room in Cocoa beach because of this.