Vehicle Showcase

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
No need for maps if your following me, I could drive every trail there in my sleep, What trails are you interested in running?
I'm hoping to run the "perimeter" blue trails, including Mesa, Cow, Pronghorn, the Freeman Wash/East Freeman, and the Rattler trails. Trailforks shows the trails by difficulty, and with GPS, will show me where I am on the map. I'd like to hit as many segments of the blue trails as possible.

Is there a good spot for all of us to take a lunch break together? This could be the photo op. as well.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Forgot to answer part of your question: I'm (and family) staying in a nearby Gorman hotel Friday night, and should make it to the morning meetup easily.

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping to run the "perimeter" blue trails, including Mesa, Cow, Pronghorn, the Freeman Wash/East Freeman, and the Rattler trails. Trailforks shows the trails by difficulty, and with GPS, will show me where I am on the map. I'd like to hit as many segments of the blue trails as possible.

Is there a good spot for all of us to take a lunch break together? This could be the photo op. as well.

You got some good ones in there! Pronghorn has one obstacle (sandstone wall lots of youtube videos of it...) that you have to go up but doable in 4low. Freeman wash is fun too! Usually smooth higher speed.

Rattler has some good hills, bonus is if you don't want to do the hills you can run parallel in the wash below.

Vics cat trail is a fun one, just some tight switchbacks and a little steep is why it is a black

Sterling canyon trail is another good one, Nice place to have lunch where it intersects at powerline road, Also in that area (NW area of the park) is Condor Mesa which would be nice for lunch.

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Also for everyone coming I should mention,

Be VERY careful around blind turns and coming over the top of hills! Lots of dirt bikes/quads/side by sides that like to fly through the trails up there so just be on the look out! most riding are careful and safe but there is always that one idiot! Luckily most of the idiots stay near the campgrounds and ride stupid there but sometimes they venture out on the trails.

Also if you are on the main road that runs through the park "Gold hill road" the speed limit 25 (I think...) is enforced by Park rangers that do not have a sense of humor! Other than that they leave you alone and you are free drive as you wish.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I am going out for meetup, But have to back in the "Nard" to by 1 PM to take care of a medical issue. It will be good to meet you all. But won't be running the trails.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
You got some good ones in there! Pronghorn has one obstacle (sandstone wall lots of youtube videos of it...) that you have to go up but doable in 4low. Freeman wash is fun too! Usually smooth higher speed.

Rattler has some good hills, bonus is if you don't want to do the hills you can run parallel in the wash below.

Vics cat trail is a fun one, just some tight switchbacks and a little steep is why it is a black

Sterling canyon trail is another good one, Nice place to have lunch where it intersects at powerline road, Also in that area (NW area of the park) is Condor Mesa which would be nice for lunch.
I'm just following the group hah. Haven't offroaded in hungry valley yet, been doing mostly Sierra stuff. Looking forward to Saturday

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
@jeb134 Let's plan a date to get a group of Rangers together to run Hollister Hills SVRA (just south of Gilroy, CA) - it'd be an easy one-day affair for Bay Area people. SoCal folks are quite welcomed as well; there are nice group campgrounds on-site for over-nighters, and lots of towns nearby for groceries, nice meals, and hotels, for those not into camping.

Here's the SVRA's link: https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I am going out for meetup, But have to back in the "Nard" to by 1 PM to take care of a medical issue. It will be good to meet you all. But won't be running the trails.
that’s cool at least you can come out for a little while!

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
@jeb134 Let's plan a date to get a group of Rangers together to run Hollister Hills SVRA (just south of Gilroy, CA) - it'd be an easy one-day affair for Bay Area people. SoCal folks are quite welcomed as well; there are nice group campgrounds on-site for over-nighters, and lots of towns nearby for groceries, nice meals, and hotels, for those not into camping.

Here's the SVRA's link: https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179
Sounds good, I'd love to go down south sometime too!

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Sounds good, I'd love to go down south sometime too!
Too many trails, not enough time?

I'd love to explore Ocotillo Wells SVRA (Anza Borrego SP) sometime, as well as the Mojave Road (East to West)... what else am I missing down south?

To keep the interest/fun going, we should organize an annual Ranger/Bronco West-Coast offroading/overlanding event/trip, culminating in a weeklong romp in Moab one (or every) year ;-)

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Too many trails, not enough time?

I'd love to explore Ocotillo Wells SVRA (Anza Borrego SP) sometime, as well as the Mojave Road (East to West)... what else am I missing down south?

To keep the interest/fun going, we should organize an annual Ranger/Bronco West-Coast offroading/overlanding event/trip, culminating in a weeklong romp in Moab one (or every) year ;-)
If we stick around in CA (we're in the midst of having to move from our current place and may be leaving the area, but TBD), I'm totally down for some more trips! I don't know if I could swing a week, but definitely a weekend trip would be fun. I still want to get out near Big Bear and romp around there too.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
If we stick around in CA (we're in the midst of having to move from our current place and may be leaving the area, but TBD), I'm totally down for some more trips! I don't know if I could swing a week, but definitely a weekend trip would be fun. I still want to get out near Big Bear and romp around there too.
If you plan it, people will show up! Where exactly is Big Bear?

I'm also thinking of a trip to Bald Mountain, near Shaver Lake, CA. I've done it once in my old Frontier - rocks and ledges everywhere, and ending at a watch tower on top of a peak with gorgeous vistas of Shaver Lake. We camped two nights at Dinkey Creek Campground; this would be an easy/low-effort/low-cost weekend trip, and centrally-located in California. Here's my photo album for that trip to keep your Friday lunch hour interesting (if you're on PST, that is):

https://goo.gl/photos/JhVNb7BfCjF1MjgQ6

LjFwJ4H.jpg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
If you plan it, people will show up! Where exactly is Big Bear?

I'm also thinking of a trip to Bald Mountain, near Shaver Lake, CA. I've done it once in my old Frontier - rocks and ledges everywhere, and ending at a watch tower on top of a peak with gorgeous vistas of Shaver Lake. We camped two nights at Dinkey Creek Campground; this would be an easy/low-effort/low-cost weekend trip, and centrally-located in California. Here's my photo album for that trip to keep your Friday lunch hour interesting (if you're on PST, that is):

https://goo.gl/photos/JhVNb7BfCjF1MjgQ6
Big Bear is just northeast of San Bernardino down here by LA: https://goo.gl/maps/nPk8GVHyF5rGhgZ16

That does look good! Anything that far away would need to be a weekend trip at least, after the distance of this trip, overnight is really the only way it makes sense with the drive times. It looks like there could be a lot of good trips coming up!
Sponsored