• Total voters

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Yeah, that's the last one before leaving santa clarita. You'll pass one off of Lyons, that's the one further south. Last second spot to pick up snacks and ice, too

The one just north of Santa Clarita, right? We may try to meet you there if we can.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's the last one before leaving santa clarita. You'll pass one off of Lyons, that's the one further south. Last second spot to pick up snacks and ice, too
Sounds good!

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure where you are coming from but a easy spot to get snacks/ice/gas is the Pilot truck stop in Castaic just at the base of the grapevine (exit Parker rd)... The Walmart is a couple miles off the 5/126...

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure where you are coming from but a easy spot to get snacks/ice/gas is the Pilot truck stop in Castaic just at the base of the grapevine (exit Parker rd)... The Walmart is a couple miles off the 5/126...
Yeah, totally forgot the Pilot was out there (don't head up the 5 often), that's a good place too. Pretty much anything works for me, Long Beach is a drive regardless.

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Cant wait guys super excited lil scared that it might rain though specially since i only have 2wd

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Cant wait guys super excited lil scared that it might rain though specially since i only have 2wd
I'm sure you'll be fine. My buddy is in a full size with a winch, he and I both have recovery boards, straps, kinetic rope, shackles etc and in sure others do, too.

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Rain will only help you! it's mostly sandy up there and when wet you get great traction and don't sink, There is some sloppy clay up there in areas but nothing to worry about.

Air your tires down to around 20 psi and that will help you out a lot also, You can refill at the gas station in the town of Gorman on your way out.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
I'm meeting a buddy in valencia and that became the meeting spot, but we can meet at the pilot if that's where everything is heading.

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm meeting a buddy in valencia and that became the meeting spot, but we can meet at the pilot if that's where everything is heading.
I was just giving you guys another option... I live in Valencia also... I just always stop at the Pilot before heading up the hill.

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
I'm sure you'll be fine. My buddy is in a full size with a winch, he and I both have recovery boards, straps, kinetic rope, shackles etc and in sure others do, too.
Thanks brings relief to know i have back up. this is going to be my second time off roading first time was when i went through the cleghorn fire trail .

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Rain will only help you! it's mostly sandy up there and when wet you get great traction and don't sink, There is some sloppy clay up there in areas but nothing to worry about.

Air your tires down to around 20 psi and that will help you out a lot also, You can refill at the gas station in the town of Gorman on your way out.
Thanks Thats great to hear. I do have a compressor that works just takes some time to fill them up

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
So is anyone else coming from inland empire? Or am i the only one?

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
FYI for the CB'ers, an external (or rooftop) antenna will really help your reception, so if it's not too much trouble/expense, get one. I'll be bringing all three modes of Comm. (first time using GMRS - bought a license for it too; also have Ham and CB (what channel did we decide on after arriving at the park?)).

I'll meet you all at the Practice Area at 9 AM; I'm coming from NorCal. I'll be spending most of my time on the blue trails (have them mapped out on Trailforks), as I find them more interesting. Before we leave the practice area, we should all line up side by side and get a group photo together - it'd probably be the largest 5G Ranger gathering ever yet, yeah?

BTW, invest in a proper recovery kit if you don't already have one. Warn, ARB, and others sell them.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
FYI for the CB'ers, an external (or rooftop) antenna will really help your reception, so if it's not too much trouble/expense, get one. I'll be bringing all three modes of Comm. (first time using GMRS - bought a license for it too; also have Ham and CB (what channel did we decide on after arriving at the park?)).

I'll meet you all at the Practice Area at 9 AM; I'm coming from NorCal. I'll be spending most of my time on the blue trails (have them mapped out on Trailforks), as I find them more interesting. Before we leave the practice area, we should all line up side by side and get a group photo together - it'd probably be the largest 5G Ranger gathering ever yet, yeah?

BTW, invest in a proper recovery kit if you don't already have one. Warn, ARB, and others sell them.
I don't have a full on kit, but even having a strap and shackle would be helpful.

I grabbed this for my hitch shackle plus a 20k lb recovery strap: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rugge...ng-shackle-bracket-11234-01/_/R-BKMS-11234.01

The CB channels were set as: Channel 4 (for trails and Highway fallback), Channel 14 (highways)

@jlmotox - Can you add this to the main post? Use the same for FRS as well just to keep it easy?

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

That's awesome your coming from so far away!! Are you staying overnight out here? Need any recomendations?

No need for maps if your following me, I could drive every trail there in my sleep, What trails are you interested in running?

Group photo is defiantly on the list!! May need a wide angle lens if everyone shows up!
Sponsored