First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I was going to say, I've never been to an OHV area that didn't require either the $5 OHV Day pass, or an annual OHV pass to enter. According to the SVRA OHV division, a fee is required to use any SVRA/OHV areas ($5 daily or $50 annual): http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25760
I see a $5 parking fee.. are you referring to that?
Sponsored

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Yes, plates override red/green stickers, but not day use fees, they're two different OHV schemas for SVRA OHV areas.
Ok wow so you guys have day use fees.. that’s dumb. We don’t have anything like that

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok wow so you guys have day use fees.. that’s dumb. We don’t have anything like that
Yup, that's what we're taking about. I've always had them, Michigan had an OHV requirement, it was like $17 for the permit for a year that covered entry. For this OHV it's either $5 for the day or a $50/yr permit that cancels out that $5/day fee.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Yup, that's what we're taking about. I've always had them, Michigan had an OHV requirement, it was like $17 for the permit for a year that covered entry. For this OHV it's either $5 for the day or a $50/yr permit that cancels out that $5/day fee.
Gotcha, In Norcal we have OHV parks not SVRA OHV parks? I guess that’s the difference

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, In Norcal we have OHV parks not SVRA OHV parks? I guess that’s the difference
Yeah, likely. I'm not sure of all the differences. I've been trying to figure out what park passes are good for what areas and what needs other things like OHV stickers and whatnot and the information I can find is all a disaster.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Here's Hollister SVRA, and it costs $5 to play for a day.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179
I wonder how long they have been doing that. About 4 years ago a few of us went there from farther up north and we didn't pay that. But we did pay for camping overnight so maybe that was included or we just didn't know about it lol

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how long they have been doing that. About 4 years ago a few of us went there from farther up north and we didn't pay that. But we did pay for camping overnight so maybe that was included or we just didn't know about it lol
It's also very possible that if someone isn't manning the "pay station" that you can get in without doing it. I've often seen it be mostly on the "honor system" at certain places, but if a Park Ranger comes around, they'll happily issue citations for no permits, and those tickets get expensive. That's why I try to be read up on what's required wherever I go, I don't envy that kind of fine.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
There's a locked gate at Hollister Hills, with a coded padlock, combination of which is given at the Ranger office once one's paid the $5. For those on a pinch, the gate is unlocked/open on some of my past visits during daytime hours. $5 isn't much, and I'm happy to pay it; even $10 is worth a full day of offroading fun, imo, and keeps the park well-maintained for all to use.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
There's a locked gate at Hollister Hills, with a coded padlock, combination of which is given at the Ranger office once one's paid the $5. For those on a pinch, the gate is unlocked/open on some of my past visits during daytime hours. $5 isn't much, and I'm happy to pay it; even $10 is worth a full day of offroading fun, imo, and keeps the park well-maintained for all to use.
You hit the nail on the head for me. I'm happy to pay an annual fee for these to help keep the parks/areas maintained. For me $50/yr for access is really peanuts.

Shadowranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger and 2013 Volkswagen passat
Occupation
Owner and operator Xplicit wraps
I appreciate the invite and would have love to make it but I'm currently getting this big girl ready for coyote flats on February 26 to the 29

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
I appreciate the invite and would have love to make it but I'm currently getting this big girl ready for coyote flats on February 26 to the 29
That's awesome, I'm waiting for fishing season to open then I'm looking to head up that way! Have an awesome time

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I would say it's more than moderate...maybe moderate for a fully built jeep... I've done the trail a bunch of times on my dirt bike and it's got some gnarly sections! I wouldn't take my truck on it due to the overgrowth on the trail, pinstripe city :shock:

There are some great trails near there on the north side of Fraizer mountain that won't tear up the paint.

Cherry creek trail near Mt Pinos is a fun one too!
I have been up the Miller Jeep trail in my Jeep. I will not do it in my Ranger.

Urabus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram Rebel
I'll be there with the wife and my 2 boys. If you guys have walkie-talkie it might not be a bad idea to bring them.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be there with the wife and my 2 boys. If you guys have walkie-talkie it might not be a bad idea to bring them.
I am bringing my CB. Also have GMRS radios. What are people running?
Sponsored