OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
I didn't order mine with running boards but now wish I had. Been looking at the item you have and wonder if the install is easy or a PITA
I'm happy to get you a set at a good price! Let me know and we can get your Ranger feeling complete with some running boards.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I didn't order mine with running boards but now wish I had. Been looking at the item you have and wonder if the install is easy or a PITA
it's pretty easy to install them. I pulled the plugs from the holes an started the bolts holding the epty brackets. I bolted the bars to the brackets then tightened up the bracket. I had a battery impact that made things go quick but some spots are tight for it.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Dont like running boards. They hit everything when not on asphalt or pavement. The old lady insist on them though. She needs to buy me the electric slide in and out boards.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I think these are 6.5 inch which is wide but they appear to tuck up against the rockers.

That would make them an inch wider than stock but I wonder if they are closer to the body?
Screenshot_20220911-164112.jpg

@OffroadAlliance
Screenshot_20220911-170550~4.png

Last edited:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I have a set of cheap ebay nerf bars but like the factory ones much better.
Why do they call them nerf bars? When I think nerf I think of soft squishy footballs.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I'm wondering the same. I had RRO sliders on my Jeep before this truck and I hated how my pant leg would brush against the sometimes muddy bar, and made the step in and out awkward. I haven't seen that complaint from the Shrockworks sliders that look pretty decent and install easy, supposedly. I have been eyeing a set of the Tremor take-offs but haven't landed any yet.
RRO sliders get a bad rap here. Yes there website looks like it was designed by a preschooler and they take f o r e v e r to recieve. But they extremely sturdy, mount directly to frame in three places, not two like others. Just enough step when needed and can reach roof and bed with the rear kickout. Plus no muddy pants yet. 100 percent satisfied with mine.

sandog

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dont like running boards. They hit everything when not on asphalt or pavement. The old lady insist on them though. She needs to buy me the electric slide in and out boards.
i don't think we are talking about running boards but tube steps and rock sliders.
The old flat, wide running boards were pretty wimpy, tube steps are sturdier and rock sliders the toughest.

I'm off asphalt and pavement a lot here in north central Arizona, and have scraped the bracket that bolts to the frame of my tube steps a couple times, no big deal as they are stout.
Sponsored