2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Umm, most those parts come on XLT trims and up. If not XL. So no I don’t need those parts. And I was quoting the FX4 skid plate has dropped in price not those other parts.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Umm, most those parts come on XLT trims and up. If not XL. So no I don’t need those parts. And I was quoting the FX4 skid plate has dropped in price not those other parts.
I could be 100% wrong but you would have to have the Fx4 package to have all four pictured above already installed correct? Well at least that's what those marketing guys say. I haven't been under an XL or XLT so could be talking out the side of my neck.

FX4 Off-Road Package (4x4; requires STX Package):1 off-road tuned suspension, electronic-locking rear axle, OWL all-terrain tires, exposed steel bash plate, skid plates for fuel tank, transfer case and steering gear, FX4 Off-Road box decals, Terrain Management System,™ Trail Control,™ and off-road display in instrument cluster productivity screen

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I could be 100% wrong but you would have to have the Fx4 package to have all four pictured above already installed correct? Well at least that's what those marketing guys say. I haven't been under an XL or XLT so could be talking out the side of my neck.

FX4 Off-Road Package (4x4; requires STX Package):1 off-road tuned suspension, electronic-locking rear axle, OWL all-terrain tires, exposed steel bash plate, skid plates for fuel tank, transfer case and steering gear, FX4 Off-Road box decals, Terrain Management System,™ Trail Control,™ and off-road display in instrument cluster productivity screen
Nope, I just have an XLT Sport package. Once you remove the dental air damn it will show the black skid and other pieces. The exposed bash plate is the FX4 silver skid that was 320 something dollars and now 280. That’s part of the FX4 package not the other parts.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm maybe we are talking apples and oranges then and there's a misunderstanding. It's a given that the front Fx4 front bash plate is different than the one on the sport package and non Fx4 models, I think we can agree on that. Now the disagreement is in regards to the other 3 blash plates. You're stating that your XLT Sport package has these. I was under the impression that the Sport package is more of an "appearance package" and didn't offer this.

If the Sport package does include the other 3 plates and have these parts, BONUS! That is great news for other owners! Pictures say a thousand words...post up and show this. I have no skin in this game and it would be awesome for other owners to know!

Last edited:

Underdogp226

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Hmmm maybe we are talking apples and oranges then and there's a misunderstanding. It's a given that the front Fx4 front bash plate is different than the one on the sport package and non Fx4 models, I think we can agree on that. Now the disagreement is in regards to the other 3 blash plates. You're stating that your XLT Sport package has these. I was under the impression that the Sport package is more of an "appearance package" and didn't offer this.

If the Sport package does include the other 3 plates and have these parts, BONUS! That is great news for other owners! Pictures say a thousand words...post up and show this. I have no skin in this game and it would be awesome for other owners to know!
I have a 2019 XLT Sport 4x4. It has all the FX4 underbody protection excluding the steel front bash plate and the transfer case protection. I'm actually looking for the part number for the transfer case protection if anyone has it. So, for the sake of the arguement, the sport does have the 2 front skid plates and the plastic gas tank skid.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
It would be great if all I needed was part "B" for my Lariat. I'll check mine later.
That would be good news if the other parts are there. I'll check my Lariat later. I do think you probably need all four parts if you want the skid plate to actually function as it should and protect the engine no? Seems like just installing the skid plate by itself (if that's even possible) would only be cosmetic.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019 XLT Sport 4x4. It has all the FX4 underbody protection excluding the steel front bash plate and the transfer case protection. I'm actually looking for the part number for the transfer case protection if anyone has it. So, for the sake of the arguement, the sport does have the 2 front skid plates and the plastic gas tank skid.
That's my point....you have the 4x4 package that includes the plates as I pasted from the package description that includes the additional parts. What I was wondering if as some may have suggested with just sport package.....does it also have the 3 additional plates.

Last edited:

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that there was a reason to doubt me.

57A5F000-0063-4659-86B3-209E601FC7EA.jpeg
Great pic but was still looking to see if your sport package included the additional 3 bash plates. I'm not trying to be argumentative folks just trying to get clarification.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Great pic but was still looking to see if your sport package included the additional 3 bash plates. I'm not trying to be argumentative folks just trying to get clarification.

my base model XL 4x4 has plates '1 and 2' (from the diagram above). the only thing the FX4 adds is plates 3 and 4.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport

the rear skid plates are cheap and won’t offer much protection anyways.Any 4x4 package should offer those base skids. Not just FX4. And you can just look under your truck to see what you have.

Last edited: