First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
What color wire did you tap into to hit the cab light switch? Where did you put the inline fuse at? Thanks.
The cargo lamp circuit as referenced earlier in this thread (post #12 and my post #19) is a white wire with a green stripe and it can be conveniently accessed under the door scuff plate on the back driver's side door. Be careful as there are two in the bundle with that color. I believe the cargo lamp one was less intertwined with wires than the other white/green wire you don't want but I can't recall for sure. The picture may help you there. I used a circuit tester to probe the wire I thought it was before installing a tap and it was correct.
I installed a fused link directly after the tap and tucked it all under the scuff plate. In the pictures you can see where I used a tap and where I grounded the circuit near the back seat / rear cab wall on the floor.

20210910_002954.jpg

20210910_003003.jpg

20210910_002921.jpg
Sponsored

SaiNtBFair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Finally got this one done! Thanks everyone for the great instructions here. Tapped into the cargo lamp as well and it works like a charm. Didn’t stick it to the bed cover either. The top of the bed sides has like a 45 degree space of sheet metal which is perfect so even if I take the cover off, it works!
9CE0EEFC-3D03-4B41-BF59-6F878A825836.jpeg

GatorRanger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft Interior installer/Finisher
How hard is it to get wires from the bed to inside the cab to tap into the dome light in the back , I had to change out my tailgate light bar and am going to put my old one in the back of my bed and see how well it lights the bed it’s pretty bright but atleast I’ll have the wiring there so I can add any other lighting needed

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Thanks to SRAces, STVPaul and others for providing guidance for installing bed lighting. Completed the task this past weekend. My install consists of LED strip lighting commonly bought on a reel, 1/4" VBH tape to insure good adhesion to the X-Liner bed, 20awg interconnection wiring and a posi-tap for the cargo lamp circuit. LED strip is installed at the top most edge of the 45° upper angled side so that the strip is protected from direct splash when washing down the bed. I can now see in the bed with the cover closed.
Sponsored