HID LIGHTING FOR 2021 FORD RANGER XLT

kyavic

First Name
victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger XLT
hello guys I'm new here, I have a 2021 ford ranger xlt, I tried to install my 50w HID, but after it fully ignite around 5-6 seconds it shuts off. I test all the kit and they are fine, any of you have encountered this problem? hope you can help me with this, by the way DRL is already in foglights. Please help me thanks
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
To clarify, you tried the other HID and it works? Perhaps just the one bulb is bad?

Side question, why not use LEDs?

Morgan1002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew 4X4 301A Sport and Tech Lightning Blue
Do people really still use HID kits?

I bought two sets of Philips Ultinon LED fixtures (low and high beam) on sale at Lordco (99.00 CAD per set) and they are incredible. Basically plug and play however the low beams needed to be adjusted in the collar with the included tiny Allen wrench to reflect the proper beam pattern.

Ive tried lots of cheap Amazon bulbs but these things are the real deal. Great light cut off and a huge improvement in brightness. Don’t need to mess around with yestertech HID’s these days.

OP
OP

kyavic

First Name
victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger XLT
To clarify, you tried the other HID and it works? Perhaps just the one bulb is bad?

Side question, why not use LEDs?
both bulbs and ballast are working properly, i tested it in my other car. I prefer Hid 'coz they are more brighter , I have not seen an LED with 3000 plus lumens, if only i can find an LED with 3000 + lumens then I will go for that
Sponsored