obxmush

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4 501A, Sport Appearance Package
Vehicle Showcase
What's up fellow Ranger-ers? I am coming from the diesel world and have an EZ-Lynk auto-agent 2 laying around. For those unfamiliar, we used them to 'tune' our diesels, and could also monitor with them.
My question, does anyone know if this is compatible with the Ranger for monitoring purposes? I would love to just be able to keep an eye on the important things, especially when off-roading.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
What's up fellow Ranger-ers? I am coming from the diesel world and have an EZ-Lynk auto-agent 2 laying around. For those unfamiliar, we used them to 'tune' our diesels, and could also monitor with them.
My question, does anyone know if this is compatible with the Ranger for monitoring purposes? I would love to just be able to keep an eye on the important things, especially when off-roading.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

I run my Auto Agent 2 in mine. Auto start stop will mess with data so if youā€™re running it make sure itā€™s off. But it works well and datalogs. Iā€™m a tech on EZLynk so I share datalogs with myself. Unfortunately they donā€™t offer flashing for it yet. But it seems to offer plenty of parameters with the last firmware update. There are some that wonā€™t pull through yet, like wastegate percentage, and couple others I canā€™t remember.

FD827E78-E56F-4951-9C58-8DEC27A9EA3E.png

OP
OP
obxmush

obxmush

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, exactly what I wanted to know. I am not going to flash this truck, newer vehicles seem to not like it. My last dually gave nothing but transmission issues after it was deleted and tuned. The 6.7 Powerstroke is a beast when itā€™s allowed to breathe, I really feel the 6r140 trans is its weak link. (Personal opinion)

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Awesome, exactly what I wanted to know. I am not going to flash this truck, newer vehicles seem to not like it. My last dually gave nothing but transmission issues after it was deleted and tuned. The 6.7 Powerstroke is a beast when itā€™s allowed to breathe, I really feel the 6r140 trans is its weak link. (Personal opinion)
Ya if it were 17+ the trans cooler is inadequate and creates hot spots in the cooling system on those 6.7ā€™s especially if towing heavy. Other than that in stock form the 6R is on of the strongest in the industry for light/medium duty. I mean GM saw what they could do with a transmission and thatā€™s why the 10R was a joint venture and itā€™s seen in the GM lines as well.

OP
OP
obxmush

obxmush

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, after the tune I would see unladen trans temps in excess of 212 degrees with ambient air temps around 55 degrees. It also never ā€˜relearnedā€™ after the tune. Even after the truck was flashed back to stock, the trans would never shift correctly. Very sporadic. Torque converter lockup all over the board, massive flares, grinding on downshifts, it was a mess.

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yeah, after the tune I would see unladen trans temps in excess of 212 degrees with ambient air temps around 55 degrees. It also never ā€˜relearnedā€™ after the tune. Even after the truck was flashed back to stock, the trans would never shift correctly. Very sporadic. Torque converter lockup all over the board, massive flares, grinding on downshifts, it was a mess.
Ya 212 isnā€™t horrible. The 6R was designed to run hotter than most are used to anyways. The normal operating temp wonā€™t show until 200* anyways. The sporadic shifting though could have been a valve body issue or a relearn issue. But those temps arenā€™t too crazy. I know when I first went to 6.7 from having my old 6.0ā€™s seeing 200* made me nervous at first. But my old 6.0 would barely touch 185* so it seemed abnormal.

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just and FYI, Calibrated Power Solutions reaches out to me about they will be offering support packs for the ranger, through EZ Lynk Auto Agent! couple weeks out, with the flash support from EZ, but should be soon!
didnā€™t know if you were interested in tuning the Ranger but itā€™ll be a nice option already having the EZ.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Just and FYI, Calibrated Power Solutions reaches out to me about they will be offering support packs for the ranger, through EZ Lynk Auto Agent! couple weeks out, with the flash support from EZ, but should be soon!
didnā€™t know if you were interested in tuning the Ranger but itā€™ll be a nice option already having the EZ.
Any update with that?
Sponsored