First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
The muffler delete isn't quiet for sure. At startup you can hear it across a busy parking lot. You'll definitely hear it and feel it while driving too. Honestly, it's like putting a flowmaster on a V8...everyone will hear it. It's really not obnoxious though, not ricey at all compared to a Honda with a fart can.

To delete both all the local shops wanted at least $400 because they wanted to replace everything behind where the muffler was, they said the bends they had to do could add hours to the job. The shop I went to did the muffler delete in less than an hour for $100. Cost is something to keep in mind. I had a shop tell me I'd be better off to buy a cheap catback than delete both.
I love the tone of the muffler delete..
Regards
Sponsored

spicydaddy

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Breakbulk and RO/RO port management
Vehicle Showcase
Muffler delete is my favorite at this point. I have next to nothing in mine due to having a friend with an exhaust shop. If anyone is in Northwest GA, then I could likely get you a decent deal on having yours done or something different. Message me if you’d like their info.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The muffler delete isn't quiet for sure. At startup you can hear it across a busy parking lot. You'll definitely hear it and feel it while driving too. Honestly, it's like putting a flowmaster on a V8...everyone will hear it. It's really not obnoxious though, not ricey at all compared to a Honda with a fart can.

To delete both all the local shops wanted at least $400 because they wanted to replace everything behind where the muffler was, they said the bends they had to do could add hours to the job. The shop I went to did the muffler delete in less than an hour for $100. Cost is something to keep in mind. I had a shop tell me I'd be better off to buy a cheap catback than delete both.
LOL...I went to one shop and no matter what I asked, all they'd say was - "it's up to you". I left that place to continue shopping. One of my kids modified all of his cars and trucks. Some gave me such a headache that I'm a bit gun shy. I'll just take my time...better then having to listen to the wife and a too loud truck exhaust!

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried the Ford Performance exhaust? Would like to know what that sounds like.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to add a dual exhaust for the look and sound but you just can't get the rich sound of a V8 with a 4 or 6.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to add a dual exhaust for the look and sound but you just can't get the rich sound of a V8 with a 4 or 6.
I know you can't joe. But in today's day and age, fast and furious fart cans. All that seems to be popular is fart noise As far as I can hear. Nothing as deep as a v8. For that you'll have to get inside the truck and let it run through the stereo. I just see nothing I like the sound of on this truck.

They all sound like "larger" small import engines to me without the mufflers. I also would have to hear some of these systems in the wild. After only a few Harley's I understand what mufflers do and what they don't do..

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I know you can't joe. But in today's day and age, fast and furious fart cans. All that seems to be popular is fart noise As far as I can hear. Nothing as deep as a v8. For that you'll have to get inside the truck and let it run through the stereo. I just see nothing I like the sound of on this truck.

They all sound like "larger" small import engines to me without the mufflers. I also would have to hear some of these systems in the wild. After only a few Harley's I understand what mufflers do and what they don't do..
I feel the same way. I don't want my truck to sound like a Honda Civic.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

“To each his own”
Regards

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What do you recommend? I want a low growl without the loud droning.
No Drone ....there is none..just delete the muffler...if you dont like it put it back , there are videos of in cockpit sound ...try Darek661
Regards

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How loud are our trucks with the muffler and resonator deleted?
It's not about the volume..It's about the "tone" I don't care for, Sounds like a louder Ranger....Anyone who has owned Harleys and Corvettes knows the difference between a sweet tone and just loud....
Sponsored