Exhaust videos Only !!!

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Some more videos for interior driving with the Apollo GT Axle Back. Decibel app on phone showed a peak of 76 and average of 62 for the ride. Having trouble posting last one of truck in normal mode with window down but will get it pasted when it uploads.

Windows up normal cruising;

Rear window down in sport mode with a little bit of manual shifting at the end;

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 Shadow Black
Occupation
Head of Engineering - Cook Spring Company
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a few videos of my custom made side exit exhaust. I used a hi-flow 13 inch long resonator, a section of straight 2.5in pipe, a 2.5in mandrel bent 90° pipe, and a DC Sports resonated exhaust tip. It's all held together with stainless band clamps with fiberglass exhaust wrap to keep everything sealed and leak free. Total cost was right around $100 and I love the way it sounds. Only thing I wish was that I was able to get the exhaust tip pointed a little to the back of the truck, rather than pointing straight out.

And just for shiggles and gits, here's a video of my truck when I was running a complete muffler and resonator delete with a turn down exhaust tip. Needless to say I wanted a little lower mellow tone so that's what made me make my own side exit with a resonator.

IMG_20191228_153714.jpg

IMG_20191228_153651.jpg

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
Yes. The Apollo GT replaces the muffler and resonator with 3” stainless. So effectively straight piped.
Hi Cody, on a scale of 1-10 how loud of waking up the neighbors do you think this system is? Thanks!

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hi Cody, on a scale of 1-10 how loud of waking up the neighbors do you think this system is? Thanks!
So really it isn’t that bad. On first start up in the morning it is a very deep tone, standing outside it by the tailpipe you can feel it. But it doesn’t wake up my daughter in our garage. I came from a 6.7 powerstroke with a BW66mm and dual 5” straight exhaust....it used to knock stuff off the walls, literally. So the start up is noticeable but super nice. After the engine is warm it’s very mild sounding. I like it more every day. With back window down and in sport mode it’s pretty fun.

eBikeHauler

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.edisonbicycles.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Edison Electric Bike Co.
So really it isn’t that bad. On first start up in the morning it is a very deep tone, standing outside it by the tailpipe you can feel it. But it doesn’t wake up my daughter in our garage. I came from a 6.7 powerstroke with a BW66mm and dual 5” straight exhaust....it used to knock stuff off the walls, literally. So the start up is noticeable but super nice. After the engine is warm it’s very mild sounding. I like it more every day. With back window down and in sport mode it’s pretty fun.
How about highway drone? I want to order the Apollo kit but worried about the sound getting old on long trips. Thanks in advance!

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
Ugh... sounds bad and it'll cook the spare tire too.

Great idea for a thread! :clap:

Big muffler with long tail pipes = throatier sound. I have yet to hear any aftermarket 2019 Ranger set-up that sounds better than the stock exhaust.

But I'm hopeful.:fingerscrossed:
I agree about the sound. Sounds like a rice burner. I'm staying stock... If I want sound/ noise I'll fire up my 02 F350 SD Powerstroke 7.3 diesel.

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
How about highway drone? I want to order the Apollo kit but worried about the sound getting old on long trips. Thanks in advance!
little to no noticeable drone. Especially in 9th/10th. I love it, I absolutely despise drone, and this one doesn’t bother me at all.

eBikeHauler

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.edisonbicycles.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Edison Electric Bike Co.
little to no noticeable drone. Especially in 9th/10th. I love it, I absolutely despise drone, and this one doesn’t bother me at all.
Thanks for the feedback Cody. Any discernible power loss? Little turbos like back-pressure and chopping the muffler and resonator might get rid of some... How was the install? Looks pretty easy. You rule. -Ryan

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have seen no power loss, took about 20 min install(remove rear most exhaust hanger, in clamp in front of muffler, remove factory pipe, replace hanger and new pipe). Unfortunately I disagree on backpressure on turbo charged applications. Big or small, no turbo likes backpressure or leaks. It is all about volumetric efficiency. Faster in faster out etc etc. Although I do whole heartedly feel, this add on will net no improvement in power until the downpipe is changed as that is the largest restriction and anything behind that is clearly only going to change aesthetics and sound.

eBikeHauler

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.edisonbicycles.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Edison Electric Bike Co.
I have seen no power loss, took about 20 min install(remove rear most exhaust hanger, in clamp in front of muffler, remove factory pipe, replace hanger and new pipe). Unfortunately I disagree on backpressure on turbo charged applications. Big or small, no turbo likes backpressure or leaks. It is all about volumetric efficiency. Faster in faster out etc etc. Although I do whole heartedly feel, this add on will net no improvement in power until the downpipe is changed as that is the largest restriction and anything behind that is clearly only going to change aesthetics and sound.
Thanks for the info. I remember running turbos as a kid and thinking they would spool up faster with some back pressure. You're absolutely right Cody, thanks for setting me straight. Ordered the Apollo. :)

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Not my video, but found it looking for exhaust videos on Youtube..... Res delete and flowmaster Super 10 muffler.

I'd skip to the 4 minute mark to get to the exhaust clips.

Sponsored