Enough with all these little badges and logos!

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I m looking at running boards, i already have the bushwacker guards on, and they have their little logo, and considering the Go Rhino RB20, and they have their little badge. i like things pretty low key and i dont like the idea of all these little shiny logos everywhere... rant over. :p MATTE BLACK EVERYTHING
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Are you still advertising for the dealership? First thing I took off it was the dealer badge on the tailgate, the 2nd thing was the branded license plate bracket when I got my plates

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
That is the worst part of the aftermarket parts. I used my rewards points to get the pivot toolbox from Ford specifically because I knew it would annoy me seeing the UnderCover logo every day over the Ford one. I took the dealer logo off right away. I am still on the fence about the EcoBoost one. I am not crazy about it but at least is factory.

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Are you still advertising for the dealership? First thing I took off it was the dealer badge on the tailgate, the 2nd thing was the branded license plate bracket when I got my plates
NOPE, black frames ordered before I even got my plates in.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Earl,

Me too....parked in the Garage for maybe 10 minutes before the Horne (Ford Dealer) and the license plate frame were removed and modified. I took the individual HORNE letters and rearranged on my shop cabinets to say HERO and threw the N in the trash. Cut out the HORNE Ford from the license plate frame and saved the Ford Ovals only, Reinstalled the chrome frame as I have the chrome package.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I don't mind some discreet branding, as long as the company concerned has provided me with exceptional service or parts. For example, I left the dealer's license-plate frame on back, but declined the "free" one they offered for the front. My dealer has always been straight with me, and this is my second vehicle with them, but one ad per vehicle is enough. Likewise, I love the Ford-Fox Two-inch Leveling kit we put on, and found the enclosed Fox stickers (with the tail) kind of fun, and so I have a tiny Fox sticker on my back window. But I pulled the FX4 decals off the bedsides of my truck since it just looked too much "bling" for my taste....

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Here's some automotive trivia...
Toyota Coronas from the late sixties had a rear window decal which said "Power Steering" , evidently the Toy Boy engineers were very proud of this engineering marvel...lol

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Toyota Coronas from the late sixties had a rear window decal which said "Power Steering" , evidently the Toy Boy engineers were very proud of this engineering marvel...lol
I don't remember Coronas. I wish they still made them, the name would be very appropriate for the times.

My 2nd car was a '78 Corolla. Most basic, stripped down car I've ever owned. 4 speed manual tranny with a 1088cc motor. I remember that because I thought it was hilarious that Honda Goldwings had a 1200cc motor. I beat that car to hell and back and it kept running. Friend of mine broke the front seat trying to get out of the back seat when he was drunk. If I remember right, you had to lift one side of the back seat and then push it forward. My friend just broke the hinge. I had to put the spare tire behind the front seat to keep the seat back from falling all the way back. I had it up to 90, once, going down a long hill. Someone stole the gas cap off it at a bar. The next time I went to the bar, saw another one, just like mine, so I stole his gas cap. It wasn't my gas cap, because the key didn't fit the lock. When I joined the Army, I sold it to a friend of mine and her boyfriend rolled it one night and got his first OUI.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
There have been badges for all kinds of stupid stuff. Off the top of my head I can think of "fuel injection", "overdrive" and "automatic tramission (hydramatic!)". There's a school of thought that a car isn't complete unless it has useless information emblazoned on it. They should really save time and just paint the sticker price in 8 inch numerals on the back of vehicle, maybe adding 10% so the owner can brag about how much he spent *and* be excited about getting a good deal.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Best badge ever, well back story needed first. Way back in the mid 1980's my future wife
was looking to buy her first new car. So as she drove the highways and local roads I recommended she look at the names on the cars she liked. Usually the names would be on the back of the vehicle, rarely on the sides. She finally saw a cute little car, but said it had a weird little name on the corner of the front fender. She thought the name was "Chikfee"
So that weekend we go walking some GM dealership lots (daughter of GM employee).
And low and behold, there was her "Chikfee" - a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird with OHC/FI proudly displayed on corner of the front fender.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Best badge ever, well back story needed first. Way back in the mid 1980's my future wife
was looking to buy her first new car. So as she drove the highways and local roads I recommended she look at the names on the cars she liked. Usually the names would be on the back of the vehicle, rarely on the sides. She finally saw a cute little car, but said it had a weird little name on the corner of the front fender. She thought the name was "Chikfee"
So that weekend we go walking some GM dealership lots (daughter of GM employee).
And low and behold, there was her "Chikfee" - a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird with OHC/FI proudly displayed on corner of the front fender.
ROFL laughing, here's something similar...
Blonde+joke+710_4d3cab_3205647.jpg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There have been badges for all kinds of stupid stuff. Off the top of my head I can think of "fuel injection", "overdrive" and "automatic tramission (hydramatic!)". There's a school of thought that a car isn't complete unless it has useless information emblazoned on it. They should really save time and just paint the sticker price in 8 inch numerals on the back of vehicle, maybe adding 10% so the owner can brag about how much he spent *and* be excited about getting a good deal.
Indeed, I remember certain Ford Panther platform cars having an "Overdrive" badge plastered on the trunk lid.
Like the Toyota engineers, Ford's counterparts were equally proud of the AOD transmission.
The car could feature rubber band drive equivalent (CVT) for all I care...

images.jpgtacky.jpg

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
honestly, i may not get the go rhino boards, just because of that additional logo, waiting for the Tyger Blades to come back in stock.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Back in the 60s and 70s, dealers would put their logo "ad" on the back by drilling two holes and putting the (usually) chrome ad on with a couple of tinnerman nuts. My Dad would wait until the deal was ready to be signed and then he would ask how much they were going to take off for the "free" advertising. Since removing the nameplate would require body work (filling the holes, touch up paint, etc), the dealer would give him an additional amount off the price -- I remember on his '65 Impala he got $100 off, which was a reasonable amount in 1965! Of course, this won't work today since the ads are "stick on" and easily removed, as I found out when I bought my '99 Ranger -- the dealer just removed the sticker! No money off.. :crying:

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Reminds me of the late 80's F-150s that had the "fuel injection" badge under the headlight.
Sponsored