First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 2wd/ 2003 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician
Update - I got my truck back today. The dealership said it was a bad coil wire going to cylinder 1, they replaced it and the problem was fixed. I got on the interstate after picking up my truck, mashed the gas down to pass someone, and it started misfiring again. CEL started blinking. I slowed down to about 50-55, the light went off and it started running normally again. The misfire only seems to happen when you really push the pedal down, it runs fine just going slow around town. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow.
My truck misfired for the first time yesterday. Except mine did it around 35 mph and went away when I floored it. Opposite of yours . Hasn't done it again yet
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
My truck misfired for the first time yesterday. Except mine did it around 35 mph and went away when I floored it. Opposite of yours . Hasn't done it again yet
Might've been just a random slug of moisture

Subieland

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Manager
I hope it's not the same misfire problem 1.5L &1.6L EcoBoost Escapes are having: coolant leaking into the cylinders, usually #2 or #3. There are an awful lot of people with this problem on escape.org
It's the main reason I'm on this forum; to see how Ranger owners are faring as I plan to trade in my 2018 Escape for a Ranger. So far, nothing I've seen to turn me away.

Unless...

ford changed the spark plug after being told coolant is in the cylinder. Cleared the codes and same misfire occurred.

2019 Ford Ranger XLT P0302 error code

IMG_2203.png
Sponsored