Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Where are all my 2019 Ford Ranger Emergency Volunteers at? I recently purchased a Ranger a couple months ago and want to set it up with emergency lights for my EMS volunteer work. Reaching out to the community to see who has setup their Ranger for the same purposes. Looking to see everyone's setup, especially the interior controller mechanism. Appreciate anyone and everyone's input!
Sponsored

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Where are all my 2019 Ford Ranger Emergency Volunteers at? I recently purchased a Ranger a couple months ago and want to set it up with emergency lights for my EMS volunteer work. Reaching out to the community to see who has setup their Ranger for the same purposes. Looking to see everyone's setup, especially the interior controller mechanism. Appreciate anyone and everyone's input!
Good question. Hopefully we will get some post contributions here. I may want to do the same in the future for CERT purposes.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not in your emergency services world, so I don’t really know what you’re after. I just came to say that I saw a park ranger Ranger in TN last week and it had a light bar on top. So evidently the kit exists out there.

Slick looking truck, white XL FX4. I regret not getting a pic but there was a guy driving it and I didn’t want to be weird about it. The light bar was this style:

CC596075-BE39-47F4-A5D8-B92E92311DE5.jpeg

JNSnyder

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I’ve got a interior visor bar and I’ve got a tailgate lightbar that is blue & white. Plan on getting two more of the tailgate bars and putting one on each rocker. Will try and get a video uploaded

5CC2047E-15E7-452E-9086-97BC0FF5E81B.jpeg

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not in your emergency services world, so I don’t really know what you’re after. I just came to say that I saw a park ranger Ranger in TN last week and it had a light bar on top. So evidently the kit exists out there.

Slick looking truck, white XL FX4. I regret not getting a pic but there was a guy driving it and I didn’t want to be weird about it. The light bar was this style:

Did you upload the right pic? Pretty sure that’s an F150.

Edit: Derp - Never mind. Maybe I should read the entire post next time.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

Will have to keep an eye out for that one. Exterior light bars are an easy answer for setup though as most can be manufactured to fit any vehicle. Where things come into play is the interior lights especially for volunteers.

OP
OP
Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got a interior visor bar and I’ve got a tailgate lightbar that is blue & white. Plan on getting two more of the tailgate bars and putting one on each rocker. Will try and get a video uploaded

5CC2047E-15E7-452E-9086-97BC0FF5E81B.jpeg
JNSnyder, what type of visor light and tailgate lightbar is it? How did you run the controller into the cab? Would love to see a video. Still trying to determine the best way forward. In regards to the visor lights do they obstruct your view at all or are they barely noticable?

JNSnyder

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
JNSnyder, what type of visor light and tailgate lightbar is it? How did you run the controller into the cab? Would love to see a video. Still trying to determine the best way forward. In regards to the visor lights do they obstruct your view at all or are they barely noticable?
Both are from Ultrabrightlightz , mini-visor bar and the their tailgate bar. Visor bar plugs into the cigarette lighter but I ran the cord down the A-Piller and under the dash and out. The rear view mirror hangs lower the visor bar does. Only time I have a problem with visibility is if I pull to close to a traffic light. For the tailgate bar I ran the wires into the back of the cab through a grommet and along under the kick panel to under the dash.

OP
OP
Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Both are from Ultrabrightlightz , mini-visor bar and the their tailgate bar. Visor bar plugs into the cigarette lighter but I ran the cord down the A-Piller and under the dash and out. The rear view mirror hangs lower the visor bar does. Only time I have a problem with visibility is if I pull to close to a traffic light. For the tailgate bar I ran the wires into the back of the cab through a grommet and along under the kick panel to under the dash.
That is an awesome setup! It jives well together and that is the first time I have seen the UBL tailgate bar on an actual vehicle since they displayed it. What are you using to control the tailgate bar, especially the directional functions, if your using the cigarette plug for the visor? If you're using a controller which one and where did you place it? Regardless hats off to your setup, simple and effective and that is exactly what I am looking for.

JNSnyder

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
That is an awesome setup! It jives well together and that is the first time I have seen the UBL tailgate bar on an actual vehicle since they displayed it. What are you using to control the tailgate bar, especially the directional functions, if your using the cigarette plug for the visor? If you're using a controller which one and where did you place it? Regardless hats off to your setup, simple and effective and that is exactly what I am looking for.
I am not using the directional functions currently, so I just spliced into the the visor wiring since I had to cut it to run it down the pillar like I wanted. So I flip the one switch and they both activate. I am looking at the Feniex Mini 4200 controller. I plan to add two more tailgate bars along the running board area. One on each side.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a members thread, but hasn't been here in almost 2 months:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/soon-to-be-emergency-ranger.2296/

OP
OP
Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I am not using the directional functions currently, so I just spliced into the the visor wiring since I had to cut it to run it down the pillar like I wanted. So I flip the one switch and they both activate. I am looking at the Feniex Mini 4200 controller. I plan to add two more tailgate bars along the running board area. One on each side.
I was looking at the 4200 Mini as well; just wasn't sure on the placement. Likewise, I wasn't sure if 7 buttons would be enough when using the directional aspects of the tailgate as that takes up 3 spots right there and if you are trying to control the front and rear separately that creates an issue as well. I was actually debating the STL mini visor with the UBL tailgate and using their controller and splicing the wires to make it work with their proprietary controller setup. I like your idea on the running boards though. I think that would look good and makes thing easy and you also don't spend the high dollars for the made for running board lights which I think are over priced.

JNSnyder

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I was looking at the 4200 Mini as well; just wasn't sure on the placement. Likewise, I wasn't sure if 7 buttons would be enough when using the directional aspects of the tailgate as that takes up 3 spots right there and if you are trying to control the front and rear separately that creates an issue as well. I was actually debating the STL mini visor with the UBL tailgate and using their controller and splicing the wires to make it work with their proprietary controller setup. I like your idea on the running boards though. I think that would look good and makes thing easy and you also don't spend the high dollars for the made for running board lights which I think are over priced.
The UBL tailgate bar would only take two spots on the 4200 mini. A Left , Right, and Center out you would just activate left and right buttons at the same time. The bar is very comparable to the HG2 running board lights. Our local pd got the HG2s and one went out within a year or a little over, they wouldn’t do anything for them as far as replacing or repairing.

OP
OP
Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
The UBL tailgate bar would only take two spots on the 4200 mini. A Left , Right, and Center out you would just activate left and right buttons at the same time. The bar is very comparable to the HG2 running board lights. Our local pd got the HG2s and one went out within a year or a little over, they wouldn’t do anything for them as far as replacing or repairing.
You know I didn't even consider doing the hit both for center out. That helps out with having room on the mini. Have you thought of where you are going to mount it yet, especially with running the wires in for the running boards and whatever else you're considering? We run red out here and not blue. I am having the debate on to run red and white on the tailgate or red and amber as I intend to use it for directional purposes.

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Here's a video of a Ranger a buddy of mine just finished upfitting for Massport. I think it's going to be an airport fire vehicle, hence the green lights.

HEADPHONE WARNING: SIREN COMES ON SUDDENLY watch your volume

Sponsored