First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
I was about to ask this. I was wondering how eilbach is with light offroading. It will be once in a blue moon that I take it offroad. Nothing crazy either.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Same here.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
99% road 1% off road for me. Out of the road driving 40% of it is on shit roads that to Ridgeline drivers would be considered "off road."

I'm experienced with Eibach for road and race cars. And I know that their springs are of such quality that they're used on Fox coilovers and even OEM applications. But I'm unaware of their reputation and unfamiliar with their products in the truck world.

Because of that I got the Fox 2.0 setup and grabbed some global leaf springs to keep some rake. I'll have everything done here in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll be happy though, and I'm sure that I would've been happy with the Eibachs had I gone that route also.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak of the Fox, but I love my Eibach. The road manners are significantly better than the stock FX4 suspension. Bumps that used to unsettle the truck are now firm, but planted. Frank at @Stage3Motorsports will give you a good deal too. I definitely recommend front and rear though.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I think you'll find that which ever manufacturers shock an individual installed, they like.
Maybe someone has driven different Rangers with each, but I doubt a difference can really be found. I'd go with the best price and never look back.
Edit: differences between the two shocks you asked about--not differences from stock shocks--obvious difference there.

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Aftermarket performance shocks are always going to be firmer just so that customers don't install them and think they've wasted their money for no change. It's always going to be enough for them to feel the difference.

That said, I would take the Eibach over the Fox simply due to the difference in warranty (Eibach has a 1 million mile warranty. Bilstein is lifetime).

I believe the Fox warranty is one year. I searched but had difficulty getting a definitive answer.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I have the Bilsteins and I can report that they are fantastic in case you might be considering those.

ArizonaRangers

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 4D and 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
I got Eibach and am very pleased. On road they are fantastic. Off road they are a touch firm.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Can't really go wrong with either, I would add Bilstein and Koni to the list also.
Sponsored