Eibach Coilovers, Camburg UCAs, and Methods installed!

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 STX Ranger, '07 XL Regular Cab 5spd Ranger,
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Hey everyone, here are some pictures of the Eibach Pro Truck Kit and Camburg UCAs installed on the truck. I went with the 16" Method 315 and BFG KO2 in 285/75/16. So far it rides WAY better than stock, it's a huge improvement. I am very impressed with the Eibach kit, I didn't think it would ride as good as it does. The only thing in the rear are the Eibach shocks. I love the way it sits.

Eibach says the kit comes set at "around 3 inches of lift out of the box" so cranked the collar 2 full rotations up. I have the cast iron spindles so I went with the Camburg UCAs since they're the only ones that I know of who are making UCAs for these spindles, plus I've had these arms in the past and they're always a good choice. I'm personally a fan of 16" wheels on these sized trucks, thats thats why I went with 16s. I've had Toyos A/Ts and Falken Wildpeaks in the past, so I decided to try the BFGs this time around. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Also, I was able to get the intrusion bars out without cutting them, which wasn't too hard at all. Since I had the Baja Designs fog kit, I pulled the whole front bumper off and pulled the crash bars and put the fog lights in at the same time, that was a piece of cake. Removing the rear bars was a little more involved, but not bad at all.

Enjoy the pics! Oh yeah, and I broke the drivers side sway bar linkage during the process... Heavier duty links are on the way lol

IMG_0500.JPG

1A04B538-23E7-4582-A3D4-838800DD0328.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG
Sponsored

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
LOOKS GOOD!!! I've been wondering what 16's would look like....

Taterbootz

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I love that you went with 16's. I plan on going that route with mine too. I like the look of more rubber vs more rim, plus it'll ride better.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
So what did your lift turn out to be in the front? Idk what amount of cranks = what amount of lift for the Eibachs. I know the for the fox its like .5" of turning the collar is 1" or so of lift

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
So what did your lift turn out to be in the front? Idk what amount of cranks = what amount of lift for the Eibachs. I know the for the fox its like .5" of turning the collar is 1" or so of lift
I don't know honestly, Eibach didn't specify how many cranks it takes to gain an inch. Like I said above, they literally said "about" 3 inches out of the box. I measured the fender height before and after with the stock tires and I gained about 3 1/8" of lifter after 2 collar rotations out of the box, if that makes sense. Sorry if that doesn't help.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't know honestly, Eibach didn't specify how many cranks it takes to gain an inch. Like I said above, they literally said "about" 3 inches out of the box. I measured the fender height before and after with the stock tires and I gained about 3 1/8" of lifter after 2 collar rotations out of the box, if that makes sense. Sorry if that doesn't help.
I was just curious, I have the fox kit. I feel like it should be pretty exact and yet they all seem to be like ehhhh idk half a turn for an inch lol

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
I was just curious, I have the fox kit. I feel like it should be pretty exact and yet they all seem to be like ehhhh idk half a turn for an inch lol
Haha I agree, Eibach didn’t sound too sure about they height. It’s almost like every person who assembles them sets them differently. Maybe this set is 2.75 and that set is 3.5 lol

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Haha I agree, Eibach didn’t sound too sure about they height. It’s almost like every person who assembles them sets them differently. Maybe this set is 2.75 and that set is 3.5 lol
Would be nice if they put markers or something on there (thats essentially what im going to do to make sure they're even)

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Cool upgrades.. How much down travel is still available? How did the alignment go?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Looks really good especially the 16s. Can you adjust the collar when it is on the truck to fine tune side to side level ride height?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This doesn't answer your question on the rotations for lift amount, but I was told that with IFS in general a .5" spacer = 1" lift. Makes sense because all the spacers I've looked at are physically half of the advertised lift amount.

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Looks really good especially the 16s. Can you adjust the collar when it is on the truck to fine tune side to side level ride height?
I installed the coils and UCAs, got everything bolted and torqued and while it was still on the jack stands I adjusted the coils then before I put the wheels on. So yes, it’s possible to do on the truck, you just have to pull the tires and wheels off.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the coils and UCAs, got everything bolted and torqued and while it was still on the jack stands I adjusted the coils then before I put the wheels on. So yes, it’s possible to do on the truck, you just have to pull the tires and wheels off.
Thanks for the conformation!