Drill Hole in Firewall - Not!

WarEagleDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm installing a RVIbrake3 on my 2019 Lariat. To install the breakaway system I have to run the line from the breakaway switch into the cab to connect to the RVIbrake3. The instructions say to drill a 15/32" hole in the firewall. I don't want to drill any holes anywhere because there is so much stuff on that firewall. ! Anyone have any idea how I can get this line into the cab without making a new hole? And if not, does anyone know where a safe place to drill the hole would be?
Thanx,
Dan
Sponsored

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I'm installing a RVIbrake3 on my 2019 Lariat. To install the breakaway system I have to run the line from the breakaway switch into the cab to connect to the RVIbrake3. The instructions say to drill a 15/32" hole in the firewall. I don't want to drill any holes anywhere because there is so much stuff on that firewall. ! Anyone have any idea how I can get this line into the cab without making a new hole? And if not, does anyone know where a safe place to drill the hole would be?
Thanx,
Dan
Howdy Dan!

Im not sure exactly what size wire (or whatever) you are running thru the firewall.... but here’s the thread/info I used when I was installing my AMP PowerSteps:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/lightforce-switch-fascia-and-wiring-thru-firewall.7826/

Hope it helps?
~Bryan

OP
OP
WarEagleDan

WarEagleDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks, Brian.
During setup the RVibrake3 controller asked whether the truck had "active" or "vacuum" brakes. It's a 2019 4WD Lariat. Does anyone know which the brakes are?
Thanx,
Dan

OP
OP
WarEagleDan

WarEagleDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
There is a RVi Youtube video on the brake question at:

The hole turned out to be a non-issue. Lift the back seat and on the driver's side there is a hole by the seat support. You can drill a hole thru the floor pan thru this hole and route the breakaway wire thru it. As a bonus there is a storage pocket under the seat that the wire fits in when not in use. I had to add a little to the breakaway wire. Also, on the passenger side of the grill air opening there is made-to-order hole for mounting the breakaway switch. Thanx
Sponsored