Door panel noise

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hey there. Wasn’t too hard. Undo the 4 screws and then popped it off. You have to pop off the top speaker housing too. Also hold the window trip piece where that meets the plastic door trim. I had a little noise from that too. What I did was found a low base sound on YouTube and plugged in my phone and played it and pressed on certain spots to find where I needed to focus my efforts then went in after it. Lol

I took your advice and played a bass test through YoutTube. Between 55 and 75 Hz both doors were buzzing like crazy. Just seems to be right in that sweet spot. Is this something they would fix at the dealer under warranty. I'm fairly handy but with my luck I'd break a plastic clip or scratch the plastic panel etc and then just compound my issue.
Sponsored

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I had this insert piece come lose behind the door handle.

20190709_181606.jpg

OP
OP
RangerKody

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I took your advice and played a bass test through YoutTube. Between 55 and 75 Hz both doors were buzzing like crazy. Just seems to be right in that sweet spot. Is this something they would fix at the dealer under warranty. I'm fairly handy but with my luck I'd break a plastic clip or scratch the plastic panel etc and then just compound my issue.
Bass door noise is not covered. I HATE any noise, lol. So had to do it myself.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I had a little noise again when the base is going. Found it again! This time all points on contact that this cord will vibrate on have been covered.

66D0E65A-7D51-4213-80E7-EA7B3F6EEC62.jpeg

3B821754-9303-4F40-8E05-310E8F9238F3.jpeg
I noticed this same issue with certain songs.. Very annoying as it's not even turned up loud. I'll take a look at that location and hopefully it will resolve it, was just going to find some velcro and tape to the door then wrap the other part of the velcro around the wire... thanks for digging into this.

I see 2 screws at the bottom of the panel... is that it? then everything is clipped in?

OP
OP
RangerKody

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed this same issue with certain songs.. Very annoying as it's not even turned up loud. I'll take a look at that location and hopefully it will resolve it, was just going to find some velcro and tape to the door then wrap the other part of the velcro around the wire... thanks for digging into this.

I see 2 screws at the bottom of the panel... is that it? then everything is clipped in?
4 total screws. 2 at bottom, one at door handle (to open door) behind the little piece of plastic and one under the big plastic piece under the big handle part in the middle of the door.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 total screws. 2 at bottom, one at door handle (to open door) behind the little piece of plastic and one under the big plastic piece under the big handle part in the middle of the door.
Thanks!

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are there any diagrams or pics showing the 2 screws I cant see? Would prefer to not break something trying to force it out, thanks in advance!

OP
OP
RangerKody

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any diagrams or pics showing the 2 screws I cant see? Would prefer to not break something trying to force it out, thanks in advance!
Both behind the plastic piece. Have to be really careful. The big door handle part I start where the curve is in the middle by the hole underneath.

B4E9BFE8-01CB-4DEF-A80B-B9F88F681DF4.jpeg

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both behind the plastic piece. Have to be really careful. The big door handle part I start where the curve is in the middle by the hole underneath.

B4E9BFE8-01CB-4DEF-A80B-B9F88F681DF4.jpeg
Sorry to be dense but I dont see how to do it. I don't have anything that can pop off what I think you're referring to without destroying it...are there any parts diagrams somewhere?

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, confession time...
1 - had the door panel buzz w/bass ...Didn't notice it until recently
2 - Bought a trim removal kit - which will come in handy again
3 - finally seen the pics that got me to taking off the door panel, broke some internal plastic and jbweld to the rescue
4 - used the felt part of some velcro to cushion the door handle cable where it can touch the metal inner door
5 - buttoned it all back up....
6 - still had the buzz...
7 - started feeling around and pushing on stuff to try and make it go away... nothing
8 - THEN I REMOVED THE FLASHLIGHT I HAD JAMMED INTO THE DOOR POCKET AND THE BUZZ WENT AWAY........

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, confession time...
1 - had the door panel buzz w/bass ...Didn't notice it until recently
2 - Bought a trim removal kit - which will come in handy again
3 - finally seen the pics that got me to taking off the door panel, broke some internal plastic and jbweld to the rescue
4 - used the felt part of some velcro to cushion the door handle cable where it can touch the metal inner door
5 - buttoned it all back up....
6 - still had the buzz...
7 - started feeling around and pushing on stuff to try and make it go away... nothing
8 - THEN I REMOVED THE FLASHLIGHT I HAD JAMMED INTO THE DOOR POCKET AND THE BUZZ WENT AWAY........
I wish I could say I've never done something like this before, but I can't. A good reminder to always check the obvious stuff first.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I could say I've never done something like this before, but I can't. A good reminder to always check the obvious stuff first.
True, I never made the connection that this started the day after I put the flashlight there.. .and the buzz still came from the upper panel but maybe it just deformed the panel enough to cause that in another section... lol.. so much for common sense.
Sponsored