RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have an annoying door panel rattle that happens when the volume is up a little or I hit rough road. It’s very annoying. I located it to be behind the top part of the door panel on the passenger side. Does anyone know if there are instructions to removing the panel so I can get behind it? I figure it’s loose adhesive or something. Not sure but definitely want to take care of it. When I press on the part circles in red, the noise goes away but when I release it the noise occurs again.

6E46BA52-C67A-4435-94B4-5018D0F83358.jpeg
Sponsored

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
This may sound crazy, but make sure the passenger seat belt isn't stuck in between the b pillar and the seat sideways. This happens almost every time someone sits there, and then it rattles. Super annoying.:headbang:
No kidding. This is pretty glaring, surprised Ford's NVH guys didn't catch it.

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
This may sound crazy, but make sure the passenger seat belt isn't stuck in between the b pillar and the seat sideways. This happens almost every time someone sits there, and then it rattles. Super annoying.:headbang:
Every time I use vehicle after a passenger has been in it, I have to turn the passenger seatbelt so it doesn't bang against the door. Good thing it is a narrow vehicle and able to lean over easily! Anyone else notice how much noise the rear seatbelts make when you are driving with windows open?

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I use vehicle after a passenger has been in it, I have to turn the passenger seatbelt so it doesn't bang against the door. Good thing it is a narrow vehicle and able to lean over easily! Anyone else notice how much noise the rear seatbelts make when you are driving with windows open?
flutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflut

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
flutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflutflut
dorin.jpg

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Kody, you ever want to move up to Carolina I'll put in a good word for permanent position of squeak and rattle guy ;)
Good work!

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Lol. That’s where it was hitting so wanted to cover all the areas. Haha. That rattle was sooooo annoying
How hard is it to pop the cover off? I have a similar rattle and would bet money it's coming from the same thing. When certain bass tones hit, even on lower volumes, I get a light rattle coming from somewhere in the door. The last think I want to do is screw up my paneling thought. It's a Lariat model if that matters. Any advice on how to do this is appreciated. Thanks!

OP
OP
RangerKody

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is it to pop the cover off? I have a similar rattle and would bet money it's coming from the same thing. When certain bass tones hit, even on lower volumes, I get a light rattle coming from somewhere in the door. The last think I want to do is screw up my paneling thought. It's a Lariat model if that matters. Any advice on how to do this is appreciated. Thanks!
Hey there. Wasn’t too hard. Undo the 4 screws and then popped it off. You have to pop off the top speaker housing too. Also hold the window trip piece where that meets the plastic door trim. I had a little noise from that too. What I did was found a low base sound on YouTube and plugged in my phone and played it and pressed on certain spots to find where I needed to focus my efforts then went in after it. Lol
Sponsored