Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That was your first mistake Sid....Going to Jiffy Lube. lol ?
It was my mom's car...my personal vehicles doesn't go anywhere near these places?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It was my mom's car...my personal vehicles doesn't go anywhere near these places?
I didn't think you would. But driving all those miles I figured you'd get sick of changing the oil every month. ?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't think you would. But driving all those miles I figured you'd get sick of changing the oil every month. ?
Oh come on man...I don't drive 5,000 miles a month...maybe if I were a full time Youtuber... ?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I use this feature a lot as well. As far as I can tell there are no limits, you can lock, unlock, and start the truck from China. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The app sends a coded signal to FordPass in the Detroit area. The data is received and verified and the coded operation is transmitted to the vehicle via AT&T. Not sure about overseas if the US app will work, or if a foreign FordPass app will work here.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
ç

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I sat up the Siri shortcuts so if I think I forgot to lock it I can just ask Siri if my truck is locked, and lock it if it isn't. But I almost never forget to lock it. You can also set a automation script to run the lock shortcut at a given time, say 10PM.
How do you do this? I have google assistant but it can't be that different.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I had auto locking on my Mini 10 years ago. Didn't even know it had this "feature" until I stepped out of the car for a minute to retrieve my sunglasses and it locked me out. :mad: Good thing I had a spare key in the house, but to this day I am a bit paranoid about stepping out of any vehicle (Ranger included) without my keys or cell phone in hand.

Last edited:

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
It would be cool if Ford make the app to let you know the truck is unlocked while being off and parked... I'd enable that feature.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
There's no auto lock on the Ranger. It would be a nice feature if you set the delay up to what suits you best. I do like you can lock/unlock from the app because there are times when we're out and I second guess myself and lock it again from the app.
For me, I always lock it after getting out by brushing against the door handles until it clicks. Then, walking away, just in case, I take out the fob and push twice until it honks. With that "goodbye" honk, I feel secure that we are all locked up. So far, so good. A timed locking function would be nice, though, because nobody's perfect. Still, if somebody is determined to break in, nothing I can do about....

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Hum. The Ranger is an automobile of sorts, and it does lock remotely. You just have to remember to push the lock button on the remote.

PS: My 2017 Honda EX-T had remote automatic locking, which failed to work about 20% of the time. The dealer made a lot of excuse statements, telling me I walked away too fast! Or, I was parked next to a radio station! Give me a break! The frequency band used for remote controls, is a shared SHF band, with everything from garage door openers, to microwave ovens.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
As I exit my Ranger, my forefinger goes right to the lock button on the inside door; I release the inside door handle and lock it in one simultaneous move. If I think that I might not have, carrying items etc, I can always check status on FordPass.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It would be cool if Ford make the app to let you know the truck is unlocked while being off and parked... I'd enable that feature.
That would be great, I'd love that too. At least you can re-check if you locked it through the app. If you press and hold the lock button until it starts to circle once it''s done it will confirm it's locked. It's another step but it gives you peace of mind it's locked.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
That would be great, I'd love that too. At least you can re-check if you locked it through the app. If you press and hold the lock button until it starts to circle once it''s done it will confirm it's locked. It's another step but it gives you peace of mind it's locked.
Yep!! I've done that a couple time so far :)
Sponsored