First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Thanks, Im not very knowledgeable on low voltage wiring.
This is the book I recommend to anyone wanting to learn about 12/24 VDC systems. I have been working with these systems for many years, this book will get you started. I use a 500 watt portable inverter in my ranger mainly for power tools and don't feel the need for a built in unit. I did install a 3KW one in my Rv, along with 800 watt solar system and 60 amp controller to operate all of the AC loads.

IMG_4198D.JPG
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks, Im not very knowledgeable on low voltage wiring. Any idea how I could get a schematic on an install like this? And what size style relay? I know the outfitter switches run to a fuse box in the engine compartment. I assume I could install a rely in there or outside of it and tie in the battery and inverter? I have a 1000watt invertor I would like to install somewhere. Not wild about under the hood since I will likely be using it for tools, coffee pot, etc.
Ok, something like this. It has a 30 amp capacity. So from your dash switch to relay on coil side. If your switches provide power you just need to ground second leg of coil (relay) side.

Device your powering is taken from Positive battery side and add a fuse into supply line somewhere. Then to relay switching side to positive of inverter. Second leg of inverter to ground. That’s it.

Relay can be in engine cab near battery. I would personally keep inverter in cab of truck somewhere. Under a seat perhaps?

Omron G8P-1A2T-F Relay SPST NO 30A 250VAC 12VDC

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
This is the book I recommend to anyone wanting to learn about 12/24 VDC systems. I have been working with these systems for many years, this book will get you started. I use a 500 watt portable inverter in my ranger mainly for power tools and don't feel the need for a built in unit. I did install a 3KW one in my Rv, along with 800 watt solar system and 60 amp controller to operate all of the AC loads.

IMG_4198D.JPG
Awesome! Thanks, Putting this on my Christmas list right now. :) Should help when I get to wiring in my ditch lights and other accessories.

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
Ok, something like this. It has a 30 amp capacity. So from your dash switch to relay on coil side. If your switches provide power you just need to ground second leg of coil (relay) side.

Device your powering is taken from Positive battery side and add a fuse into supply line somewhere. Then to relay switching side to positive of inverter. Second leg of inverter to ground. That’s it.

Relay can be in engine cab near battery. I would personally keep inverter in cab of truck somewhere. Under a seat perhaps?

Omron G8P-1A2T-F Relay SPST NO 30A 250VAC 12VDC
This helps alot, Thanks for the detail and for taking the time to give a link for a relay! Really appreciate it!!
Sponsored