Discoloration on Plastic Door Handle

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve noticed over the last few months that the drivers side rear door handle has become increasingly discolored. Truck is at the dealer now for the rear stoplights recall, so they will try to polish it. If that doesn’t work, they will order a new door handle and replace it under warranty.

03FE0641-589D-4FA3-9EAF-23B96E460889.jpeg

The other door handles are fine:

AE06A2D4-4238-4A6B-BF61-FBD16DF5492E.jpeg
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Weird - that almost looks like wax residue. Wondering if some 303 spray would fix it? I also always had good luck on my old Ranger with the "wipe new" product when I wanted to return the black plastic back to new looking. But this seems weird since it is less than a year old - and that it is only one handle.

Either way, good deal it will get fixed/repaired under warranty. Post the results of your taillight recall too - I'm interested to hear what they find.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Weird - that almost looks like wax residue. Wondering if some 303 spray would fix it? I also always had good luck on my old Ranger with the "wipe new" product when I wanted to return the black plastic back to new looking. But this seems weird since it is less than a year old - and that it is only one handle.

Either way, good deal it will get fixed/repaired under warranty. Post the results of your taillight recall too - I'm interested to hear what they find.
I've never waxed the Ranger, and it's been getting progressively worse for months. It's possible it got detailed sometime in the past, but the fact it's just the 1 door handle makes me doubt that.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've never waxed the Ranger, and it's been getting progressively worse for months. It's possible it got detailed sometime in the past, but the fact it's just the 1 door handle makes me doubt that.
Another vote for Wipe New.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like some cleaning or polishing agent that caused that. Maybe from the dealer when getting the truck ready for delivery.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on about it being wax residue. They cleaned it off and now it’s fine. I’ve got serious egg in my face now.
It happens to the best of us. :)

Glad it is fixed and it wasn't a big deal.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
They probably shouldn't have put shitty wax on at the dealership. :D They did the same thing to my tires, looks great for a week, then looks like :ontheloo:
Sponsored