Discoloration on plastic around shifter

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX 2wd SuperCab, 2002 GMC Sierra
on my new-to-me used 2019 Ranger XL, the plastic around the shifter is discolored/faded. I don't know what caused this, but I'd like to consider fixing it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? is it a matter of just replacing the part or is there something else going on that I would need to know? I'd love to hear from someone that has dealt with something like this before. Thanks for your advice.

Gear Shifter.jpg
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Looks like someone was throwing keys or something similar on there. You should be able to get a replacement panel from Ford for a reasonable cost. Putting it on might be a different story though. I’m sure it’s not all that difficult though.

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it seems like the finish has been rubbed off of the surface. I was thinking maybe it was scrubbed too hard with a cleaner they shouldn't have been using there. But I don't know.

I bought this truck sight unseen. I got it with a number of issues that I have posted here, including a bad smoke smell, and a dented bumper (on another thread). They also scratched the dash in a few places that I am going to need to figure out how to repair.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
it seems like the finish has been rubbed off of the surface. I was thinking maybe it was scrubbed too hard with a cleaner they shouldn't have been using there. But I don't know.

I bought this truck sight unseen. I got it with a number of issues that I have posted here, including a bad smoke smell, and a dented bumper (on another thread). They also scratched the dash in a few places that I am going to need to figure out how to repair.
I'm not experienced in removing that piece. Once you figure that out you could try preping and repaint. That would be my approach

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
perhaps a vinyl overlay would be a cheaper alternative?
any idea where I could find something like that? is there something already made that exists out there? it's the lettering for P, R, N, D, S that I'm concerned about.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
any idea where I could find something like that? is there something already made that exists out there? it's the lettering for P, R, N, D, S that I'm concerned about.
Best bet might be Etsy. If not, you could always buy 3m carbon fiber vinyl and interior wrap a few things.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
You don't really even need the letters... just look at the display on the dash.