t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Another weird issue.

We had a rain storm followed by freezing rain, the truck had 1/4" of ice all over it. I opened it up, drove it around all day, then later I went to open my back doors, and they only opened about 6". Not wanting to yank and break something, I worked them back and forth a little, and heard lots of crunching from inside the door.

Eventually they opened, and it looks like that little plastic rod that slows the door down was covered with ice, ice had gotten into the grooves, and basically frozen it into the first detent which is inside the door.

Working them back and forth a few times let me open the doors, but I don't think water should even be getting in there. I'll chalk this up to very strange weather, but I suppose it qualifies for inclusion in this list.

We're getting another ice storm this week according to the weatherman, so if it happens again, I'm going to dig in a little deeper to see where water is getting in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It happened to both rear doors, but it's not been an ice storm since. It's super snowy today, so I'll check to see if the rear doors are behaving properly a little bit later.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
It happened to both rear doors, but it's not been an ice storm since. It's super snowy today, so I'll check to see if the rear doors are behaving properly a little bit later.
Some photos would help if you have a chance? Thank you.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
We had yet another ice storm this morning(says the disgruntled snowmobiler) so I had a look and everything seemed fine. I checked front and rear and all the little rods all seemed dry with a small amount of white grease on them.

Hopefully just an isolated incident for you.

BTW, we are just across the river from Port Huron Mich.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm due north of I69 in Lapeer. I've been across the Blue Water many times. We're getting snow and rain right now, I'll be checking it tomorrow morning.

Marcbar82

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I had the same issue a couple days ago. Temps dropped suddenly, and my mother in law went to open rear pass side door, and it would only open a couple of inches. It seems ok now, but was very odd.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We had some ice and snow again, and it hasn't happened again. I'm thinking it was just that we had tons of rain first, and it flash froze. I'll keep an eye on it, but it's something that is tough to reproduce. (gets the garden hose out...)
Sponsored