Dirty fuel tank vacuum sensor?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
When will you people learn to stop spraying oil on your undercarraige?
Rust proofing is a big thing up north as is servicing the brake calipers. Hyundais sell well in Canada and would rust out in the blink of an eye in some areas if not rust proofed. On a Hyundai site a good number of owners servicing calipers is an annual rite.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rangerguy

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
Here is a photo of the troublesome FTP sensor peeking out from the top of the fuel tank. Photo of the left side of the tank looking toward the back of the truck. I gather that techs first hose that sensor with water if the voltage is low. That can clear the sensor, restore normal voltage and clear the trouble code. But I also gather that eventually the undercoating can damage the sensor requiring replacement later. It is very exposed right there.
FTP sensor on top of fuel tank.jpeg

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It's pride month, don't be so judgemental 🤪
I don't recignize month long holidays.
Rust proofing is a big thing up north as is servicing the brake calipers. Hyundais sell well in Canada and would rust out in the blink of an eye in some areas if not rust proofed. On a Hyundai site a good number of owners servicing calipers is an annual rite.
There's got to be a better way than visiting these "rust proofing" places and having them spray oil will nilly all over the place.

I think I'd DIY with some fluid film before letting Jimbo on the corner do it.

OP
OP
Rangerguy

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
Krown is $12 a can and covers a fair bit. Maybe a guy could do it himself/herself. Krown does a cleaning and sprays on a hoist, which would do a better job overall, but this plugged sensor issue is very expensive, frustrating and inconvenient.
Sponsored