First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Carbo Gray Crewcab
Occupation
Laborer Extraordinaire
After a week of owner ship my only gripe is that my fuel gauge won’t go below 1/4 even when I had 80km of range left (fuel light is even on). Found it very strange, has anyone had this problem and is there a known fix? Or back to the dealer for service?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
See that damper is giving you some excellent gas mileage. ?

Seriously though I don't recall seeing anyone else have this issue before. Have you gone under the 80 km to see if it's gone down? As painful as it is I'd bring it back to the dealer and let them check it out. Hopefully you have one with a good service dept there. Good luck!

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
Low warning light comes on slightly below 1/4. My first thought it is annoying at that level but now I realize that the MPG in city is not that good for me around 14.2 so it is showing limited miles left even though it's around 1/4 tank.
Are you sure it doesn't go to "E"??

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Low warning light comes on slightly below 1/4. My first thought it is annoying at that level but now I realize that the MPG in city is not that good for me around 14.2 so it is showing limited miles left even though it's around 1/4 tank.
Low fuel warning comes on at 50 miles calculated DTE regardless of the amount of fuel in the tank.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
When my light comes on, the gauge is around 1/8 tank. It takes me about 17 gallons to fill up from there, so right on par.

OP
OP
SteveRanger

SteveRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Carbo Gray Crewcab
Occupation
Laborer Extraordinaire
Yeah, been watching it since I got my first “low fuel” light and my gauge went only to the 1/4 mark, and doesn’t go below it, found it extremely weird.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, been watching it since I got my first “low fuel” light and my gauge went only to the 1/4 mark, and doesn’t go below it, found it extremely weird.
If you've gone lower than the 80km and it's still not moving there's definitely something wrong with it. Usually once it gets pasts the 1/2 tank level the needle seems to move a lot quicker than from full to 1/2 tank. I'd bring it to the dealer to have them check it.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
After a week of owner ship my only gripe is that my fuel gauge won’t go below 1/4 even when I had 80km of range left (fuel light is even on). Found it very strange, has anyone had this problem and is there a known fix? Or back to the dealer for service?
How far have you driven with it sitting at 1/4 tank? Depending on your gas mileage, 1/4 tank could be spot on for 80km range left.
Sponsored