Dilemma on trade in

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I think folks are confusing honesty with negotiating against yourself. If I am speeding, I don't run to the nearest cop asking for a ticket to prove I am honest.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I typically believe that honesty is the best policy. Having said that, I am never sure how "honest" dealers are with me. Profit is the main goal and being honest with me is somewhere below that. I believe most dealers will take advantage of you given the opportunity. I follow the "don't offer information" scenario mentioned. If they don't ask the right question that's on them. If they do, then I'll fess up.
Thank you for you opinion

Got the Jeep running again. A simple fix. It not cheap. Could have bought a nice cover for the bed instead of this surprise expense.

I believe this is the route I will go. We will see how long it take for my Ranger to get here and go from there.

Mark

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I think folks are confusing honesty with negotiating against yourself. If I am speeding, I don't run to the nearest cop asking for a ticket to prove I am honest.
I wish I could say I am the most honest person out there but we all have our faults.

Just spent a bunch getting the Jeep fixed. It is in great shape and the dealer offered me a better than fair price for the trade. Before signing papers I was asked if I knew of anything needed to be fixed. Couldn’t think of anything until after signing the deal and then remembered the heated driver seat was not working 100% of the time.

Anyway, I have been upfront and the dealer has treated me well. They went above and beyond and got my order changed after I made a couple of mistakes. I had a build date, VIN and everything. But they went to bat for me and changes the order. Not minor things either. I changed the interior color, added the appearance and FX4 package. I thought this was pretty decent of them.

I do appreciate all the input. I’ll get back and report how it all goes once the Ranger arrives.
Sponsored