How long to wait for a trade in

Robby

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
How long do you guys think it’ll be until some quality trade ins happen? Is there a general rule of thumb, as in how many months after a new gen/model is released that people start trading or getting new models?
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
How long do you guys think it’ll be until some quality trade ins happen? Is there a general rule of thumb, as in how many months after a new gen/model is released that people start trading or getting new models?
Not an answer exactly, but a two year lease is now VERY common.!
Trade ins start to trickle in after only a few months.
Also Lemon law vehicles start to become available as well.
If you know the history of it and it got fixed right, it might be a real Bargain!
Also the "executive driven" vehicles start to appear as the next model year begins.
Don't forget Demos with less than 7000 miles at the end of the model year.

You'd better want a 4dr 4X4!!.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Might be quick, I picked mine up ten days ago and it’s been in the shop since day six with no sign it’s coming home soon. No, I ain’t trading it in yet. I say give it six months. There are folks out there that have to have the latest and greatest. They will be trading their 2019 Ranger for a 2020 Something.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Uh oh what happened
Check Engine Light- fuel injector issue, the service technician is awaiting direction from Ford Corporate. Things happen, it’ll be sorted out and fixed soon. I ain’t trading mine in.

OP
OP

Robby

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I’ve read of other injector problems that’s starting to concern me

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Check Engine Light- fuel injector issue, the service technician is awaiting direction from Ford Corporate. Things happen, it’ll be sorted out and fixed soon. I ain’t trading mine in.
Well my truck is on the second day of being in the Dealer's service shop. There is an engine code "injector problem" that needs the attention of Ford to decipher it. The dealer called the Ford hotline yesterday morning with no return call yet. So my truck sits in disrepair while my 1st payment will be coming up soon. I only had the truck 11 days with 248 miles on it when it went in. The dealer told me since it is such a new model the mechanics are not sure what to do, what a vote of confidence.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Well my truck is on the second day of being in the Dealer's service shop. There is an engine code "injector problem" that needs the attention of Ford to decipher it. The dealer called the Ford hotline yesterday morning with no return call yet. So my truck sits in disrepair while my 1st payment will be coming up soon. I only had the truck 11 days with 248 miles on it when it went in. The dealer told me since it is such a new model the mechanics are not sure what to do, what a vote of confidence.
Hang tough my Ranger brother and have faith in the Big Blue Oval. There will be a solid fix soon.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice with accessories. I just wanted touch door to unlock/pushbutton start and the other features of the Lariat. Nothing wrong with the XLT.
I just tried to save some money only to cost me more,

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
There is an XLT FX4 sitting at Vista Ford in Oxnard with 2000 miles on it. They want $36,900.
Sponsored