Difference between Ranger 2.3 ecoboost and Explorer 2.3 ecoboost?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
We got her's delivered Saturday. Nothing crazy, an XLT with a few added things to it. She loves it so far.

I've heard the same thing about the Bronco Sport, and at the pricepoint (compared to the Explorer and new Bronco) it does kinda make sense. The black bronco sport they had on the lot had a $12,000 lower MSRP than the Explorer we got for my wife.

0%, Z-plan, and all the incentives definitely made it the right time to buy. Only downside is that we will be paying property taxes on 3 vehicles instead of 2 next year. We weren't paying much on her 2008, so it shouldn't be too bad.
That's awesome you also get z plan. Ya no rebates on the Bronco sport of course and the Z plan took care of 4800 off the Explorer and the rebates took another 5000 off.

I hate tab fees/taxes on new cars. Doesn't make sense to charge more for a more efficient, newer car than an old clunker.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DocE3Gun

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
@DocE3Gun what color did you guys get?
I had to talk her out of a white Explorer....I’ve never liked them.

magnetic metallic is the color she chose, so a dark silverish color. Looks nice. Has the silver 18” wheels, which should make for cheaper replacement tires in 4-8 years at the rate she drives.....but some 20” black wheels would have been my preference.

It rides smooth and is noticeably peppier than her 2008 4.0 V6 (205hp), so I’m sure I’ll be paying for a speeding ticket at some point.

I love my all black 4-door 2020 Ranger, but when we’ve got the kids we will likely be taking the mom-mobile.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I had to talk her out of a white Explorer....I’ve never liked them.

magnetic metallic is the color she chose, so a dark silverish color. Looks nice. Has the silver 18” wheels, which should make for cheaper replacement tires in 4-8 years at the rate she drives.....but some 20” black wheels would have been my preference.

It rides smooth and is noticeably peppier than her 2008 4.0 V6 (205hp), so I’m sure I’ll be paying for a speeding ticket at some point.

I love my all black 4-door 2020 Ranger, but when we’ve got the kids we will likely be taking the mom-mobile.
The Explorer is a great vehicle. We had a 2014 Limited and loved it, but I just decided that I wanted something more capable in bad weather, bad roads, etc. and so got the Ranger to replace it in 2019. Since the wife does not drive, it would not make sense financially for me to have two vehicles, which would not fit in our garage anyway, but if I could--I would get another Explorer to go with the Ranger, best of both worlds, so to speak. Enjoy your new rides!

IMG_3003.JPG
Sponsored