First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
no experience with carvana, however the used car market is going crazy. this summer I traded in a 2016 jeep renegade for $10,500 (for my ranger of course) 100k miles and was nearly totaled a year prior after i hit a deer. Insurnace put it back together. but it didn't quite work as new anymore.(interior panels would fall free in bumps, etc). I hid nothing from them and the dealership never even questioned it.

i should have gotten 6k for it.

if you have extra used car now is a good sell time. While profit per car is way way up, the number of cars sold monthly is way way way down. So dealerships are scrambling to stay afloat.

It is why I bought my ranger. i found the truck I wanted and a solid deal on it too.
Sponsored

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Hmm, they were about $3k less than my trade estimate from Ford on my '14 Forester. Sounds like a quick n ez process, though.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Hmm, they were about $3k less than my trade estimate from Ford on my '14 Forester. Sounds like a quick n ez process, though.
Mine was an outright sale. Extra vehicle now and didn't need it.
Didn't even try via dealers...have done that many times in the past, and didn't want to go through the hassle of trying different dealers, getting lowballed, arguing for every dollar.
To be honest, after browsing used car web sites and seeing what same model Subi's were selling for, I was blown away by Carvana's offer...at least $5000.00 more than I was expecting and $3000.00 more than I was hoping for.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Have any of you dealt with Carvana ?
We have our Subaru Crosstrek up for sale as we're downsizing and selling our motor home. No longer need the Subi to tow behind the mh.
Went on line to Carvana, submitted the needed info, was truthful about condition/mileage, ect. They came back with an offer that was at least $3000 over what I expected. Their comming Thurs to pick up and pay.
Any experience with them ?
My Son bought a 2007 BMW328 from them and had a great experience along with a great well kept car.

A year later he bought his wife a 2013 BMW X3 from Vroom. This experience was almost a disaster but they did fix all the issues at their cost a bought him a set of premium tires.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Mine was an outright sale. Extra vehicle now and didn't need it.
Didn't even try via dealers...have done that many times in the past, and didn't want to go through the hassle of trying different dealers, getting lowballed, arguing for every dollar.
To be honest, after browsing used car web sites and seeing what same model Subi's were selling for, I was blown away by Carvana's offer...at least $5000.00 more than I was expecting and $3000.00 more than I was hoping for.
Didn't mean to say trade, meant sale. I'm wondering if it's because my zip code is in the sticks. They were $500 lower on our sedan, too.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Recently sold to a dealer through KBB.

https://www.kbb.com/sell-your-car/

Carvana and Carmax were much lower.

Vroom was not even close.
I think that depends on where you're located. KBB was thousands below Vroom, which was several hundred below Carvana for me. The KBB offer also had dealers contacting me for a few weeks, until I explained how much lower their offer was.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think that depends on where you're located. KBB was thousands below Vroom, which was several hundred below Carvana for me. The KBB offer also had dealers contacting me for a few weeks, until I explained how much lower their offer was.
Agree on location.
After deciding to sell, I spent a bit of time looking for similar Subi Crosstreks in different areas of the country. Prices were significantly higher in the north and northeast as compared to the southern parts of the country, but all that I found, unless really really low mileage, were a lot less than what Carvana offered.
I did not want to go the "check with local dealers" as I knew the offers would be lowball and I did not want to be constantly contacted by them after I left.
I think that it being a 5 speed manual had an impact, as Subi has no more manual Subi's (not counting the BRZ and the WRX) and many lament the non availability of a stick...maybe willing to pay a premium for one.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just a quick follow up. Caravana rep came today. Spent 5 minutes going over the Subi. We signed 3 forms, and check for the full amount quoted was handed over.
Probably the quickest, most painless transaction selling a vehicle I have ever gone through.

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
Just a quick follow up. Caravana rep came today. Spent 5 minutes going over the Subi. We signed 3 forms, and check for the full amount quoted was handed over.
Probably the quickest, most painless transaction selling a vehicle I have ever gone through.
Pretty much exactly my experience. The key part to the transaction for me was ensuring I had a replacement vehicle lined up (without any crazy dealer markups).
Sponsored