Dealership difficulties

DPhil

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I finally got the VIN for my truck that I ordered from the Ford 1800 number. My dealership was being very difficult with providing me the VIN. I asked a few times but they would just tell me they would look into it and not get back to me. I was able to get the order number from them but then when I called the 1800 number they would not release the VIN to me since I wasn't the dealership. I could still get an update on the truck (always "Order Processing). Finally today they lady on the phone asked if I would like the VIN, so thanks to her I finally have the VIN.

Anyways I went to my dealership on 05/03/2019 and special ordered my Ford Ranger. According to the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking the order was placed on 06/17/2019. Does anyone have any insight to why it says 06/17/2019? Maybe the dealership messed up? Or is that a normal thing, for the order date to show a different date then when I went to the dealership?

Unfortunately I cannot just go to another dealership since I live on an island and there is only one Ford Dealership.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got the VIN for my truck that I ordered from the Ford 1800 number. My dealership was being very difficult with providing me the VIN. I asked a few times but they would just tell me they would look into it and not get back to me. I was able to get the order number from them but then when I called the 1800 number they would not release the VIN to me since I wasn't the dealership. I could still get an update on the truck (always "Order Processing). Finally today they lady on the phone asked if I would like the VIN, so thanks to her I finally have the VIN.

Anyways I went to my dealership on 05/03/2019 and special ordered my Ford Ranger. According to the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking the order was placed on 06/17/2019. Does anyone have any insight to why it says 06/17/2019? Maybe the dealership messed up? Or is that a normal thing, for the order date to show a different date then when I went to the dealership?

Unfortunately I cannot just go to another dealership since I live on an island and there is only one Ford Dealership.
The order date should be relatively soon after you ordered it at the dealer. For mine, I went into the dealer on 12/22 and the ordering system shows 12/26 as the initial date (accepted date). That was right around Christmas so I assume there was a bit of a delay. My ROVP was accepted on the 28th.

It sounds like they neglected to enter your order for over a month.

OP
OP
DPhil

DPhil

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
That was my suspicion on why they weren't releasing any information to me but wishfull thinking I guess...

I guess my next course of action will be to see how they can make it up to me.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
That was my suspicion on why they weren't releasing any information to me but wishfull thinking I guess...

I guess my next course of action will be to see how they can make it up to me.
@mike is a Hawaiian member who also special ordered.

In theory if the order was accepted the week of 6/17, you should have a build week in early August.
ice-capades from the Blue Oval Forums

Production Week Scheduling Info for the week of 6/17/2019.
2019 Ranger

Scheduling for Build Weeks 08/12/2019 & 8/19/2019

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I’d definitely seek compensation from your dealership for their SNAFU.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
@mike is a Hawaiian member who also special ordered.

In theory if the order was accepted the week of 6/17, you should have a build week in early August.
@rangerdanger and @DPhil Seems like I got my VIN after 2 weeks. Ordered 12/1 and received 5/31. 6 months. I could see it being a month earlier maybe sooner for @DPhil. Once built, Still has to travel cross country and then get scheduled on a ship.

What are you ordering?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me wrong, I love Hawaii, but these little things make it very hard to enjoy living here :/

Guess, me being on Oahu, makes me one of the luckier ones, with a whopping 3 Ford dealerships to choose from (not that it makes any difference to your situation, they still work together lol)

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d definitely seek compensation from your dealership for their SNAFU.
Dealerships have monopoly over here, short of going to a different brand it's more of a "take it or leave it" situation.

Sure, we can purchase stuff over the phone or online from a mainland dealership, and plenty do, but the extra cost shipping brings, having to deal with getting taxes and registration done on the island... I don't know, it's not always worth the hassle and extra cost.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck

Which dealership did you go to?

OP
OP
DPhil

DPhil

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
@rangerdanger Thank you for the info! I added my VIN to the running tally. Excited to be part of the gang!

@Hack_Actual I am going to see if they can throw in maybe free bed lining or window tint or both. The sad thing is the manager is even an acquaintance of mine so it actually makes it even more awkward.

@mike I just tracked mine and it has an estimated delivery date of 11/10, but hopefully that changes for the better! I ordered a White XLT with the 302A package (with adaptive cruise control), Sports appearance, trailer tow, Fx4 Off-road, Securicode, and some other accessories. That was all on my wish list which I checked the dealerships on Oahu and they didn't have anything that fit that exactly, hence the main reason I ordered.

@svache Yeah it is frustrating, I think even more so here on Kauai haha. If I was in a rush to get a new vehicle it would be much more frustrating.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@svache Yeah it is frustrating, I think even more so here on Kauai haha. If I was in a rush to get a new vehicle it would be much more frustrating.
Expect that paradise tax when you're in a rush lol ;)
Sponsored