First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
I took my truck to get the ford trailer brake controller installed, when I got home I noticed scratches in the driver and passenger side door the diver side looks to be from the lift. Than I found they broke the door kick panel clips and just set it in place. I contacted the dealer via email and explained the issue, but I don't gave much faith in them. What other options do I have to get the scratches fixed?

20210402_181850.jpg

20210402_182012.jpg

20210402_182044.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gixxers

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
dont threaten a lawsuit whatever you do.

be professional, courteous and hopefully they will be the same.

I had damage done to my escape years back. it was either them in the shop or someone in the parking lot that did it. it sure wasnt done by me that morning they had it.

they met me half way on costs with a dent removal guy.
I was happy with that.
Thanks I've been professional and courteous, I'm no so much concerned with the rear passenger or interior panels. I just would like to have the drivers door fixed as it still has paint from the lift on it

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks I've been professional and courteous, I'm no so much concerned with the rear passenger or interior panels. I just would like to have the drivers door fixed as it still has paint from the lift on it
When I took the Ranger in to the shop for the cat back install - the shop manager walked around the entire truck and videoed all the surfaces. I was surprised and kind of confused. He explained that if we were to find any damage to the truck that was not recorded on the video - then he would pay to repair the damage. I thought that was responsible. He said they have a hard time with customers who try to cheat them and it protects everybody. Now - I have started doing that. When we take the wifes car in - the shop does the same thing. Her car once got a ding in the door panel, they called to ask us if we brought it in that way. They knew we were kind of sensitive about the car. When we said no, they had the dent guy fix it up. I was still irritated, but they took care of it. Good luck.

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
When I owned my Honda CR-V and took it in for service, the very first thing the Service Advisor did was walk around the car (with me) and look for any existing damage, and then note it on the inspection sheet.

I haven't had my Ranger in for any services yet (oil change coming soon) but I would hope they do a similar inspection.

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
When I owned my Honda CR-V and took it in for service, the very first thing the Service Advisor did was walk around the car (with me) and look for any existing damage, and then note it on the inspection sheet.

I haven't had my Ranger in for any services yet (oil change coming soon) but I would hope they do a similar inspection.

Dropped mine off at dealer for oil change this morning, they walked around and took pics of every angle of my truck so I would imagine most if not all dealers would do this.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Dropped it off at the dealership today to get fixed. There even doing a free tire rotation.
So how did the repair go? Any explanation as to why all the damage happened?

OP
OP
Gixxers

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
So how did the repair go? Any explanation as to why all the damage happened?
No explanation, they fixed the scratches in the door. The pant that was left behind was an exact match for the paint on there lifts so kind of hard to deny. As for the interior trim the took it and supposedly ordered new ones but I never heard back from them

OP
OP
Gixxers

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
Dropped mine off at dealer for oil change this morning, they walked around and took pics of every angle of my truck so I would imagine most if not all dealers would do this.
They should I even suggested this. I said this would have solved the issue without me having to bring it to there attention. The dealership was bought by some other company a week before I took it in, I honestly don't think they care anymore

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
No explanation, they fixed the scratches in the door. The pant that was left behind was an exact match for the paint on there lifts so kind of hard to deny. As for the interior trim the took it and supposedly ordered new ones but I never heard back from them
My Rotary lift has rubber bumpers on the lift to protect the vehicle door. I guess the good news is there's not a big dent.

Let us know how the new panels work out.

Who is the dealership that did this?

OP
OP
Gixxers

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
My Rotary lift has rubber bumpers on the lift to protect the vehicle door. I guess the good news is there's not a big dent.

I'd rather not say, prefer not to bad mouth online
Sponsored