Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
I have poor night vision. Although
i have my dash light turned to the highest level They are still too dim for me.
is there something I can do to make them brighter?
Sponsored

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Just some advice.
You do not want your dash lights too bright, as that will make your night vision WORSE.
The bright dash lights will drown out a lot of light from the headlights as your eyes adjust to them and not the road in front of you. If you have poor night vision, make sure to squeaky clean your windows, that can improve visibility a lot more than you think. And train yourself to look AWAY from oncoming headlights to preserve what night vision you have when cars approach.

OP
OP
Troutfool

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
Just some advice.
You do not want your dash lights too bright, as that will make your night vision WORSE.
The bright dash lights will drown out a lot of light from the headlights as your eyes adjust to them and not the road in front of you. If you have poor night vision, make sure to squeaky clean your windows, that can improve visibility a lot more than you think. And train yourself to look AWAY from oncoming headlights to preserve what night vision you have when cars approach.
THanks for the advice. My vision is good, just had eye test. It's when I go from bright to dark.
Age related, guess I'm getting old.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
THanks for the advice. My vision is good, just had eye test. It's when I go from bright to dark.
Sounds like not so much bad night vision as slow recovery time. That is where "Ranger8729"s advice to look away and not at the oncoming traffic is the best thing. I have a similar issue, as after eye surgery one of my eyes does not close down all the way in bright light. I need to wear sunglasses any time it is bright out and oncoming traffic at night affects me.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Exactly why you should dim the gauge/dash/Sync screen lights. I am 67 and our older eyes take longer to recover from bright to dark. That is the problem. I wish I could dim the 8" screen even more when driving at night.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
[/QUOTE]
i dont believe its as convenient, but i believe you can shut off the screen in the menu.
there is also a night/day setting for the map if thats part of the problem. most of it goes black.
You can in the menu but a nice quick button press is fantastic and much less distracting. Oh well.

Yellowtoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
I agree.
sometimes im parked in the dark....stalking people or something...

...and i like to listen to the radio to set the mood, but the screen casts this blue glow through the cab, and I am no longer inconspicuously watching the target.

Thats funny ....

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
You can in the menu but a nice quick button press is fantastic and much less distracting. Oh well.
[/QUOTE]
You can also go into the display settings menu and select "day", "night" and "auto" mode and also set the background for each mode. I am running a Lincoln theme on mine using "night" mode all the time, with a dark background. It is not like shutting the screen off but it helps.
Sponsored