D/S Center Bearing needs replacing - Causes, Issues, Concerns?

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
My 2020 Supercab (35,800 miles) has been making a slight grinding/rubbing noise, which the dealership says is the center bearing. They have ordered parts. I have the FP level and tune, and 265/70/17's. Could these modifications have been the cause? Should I be asking the dealership to check the driveshaft for any issues?

Appreciate any input from you "experts". ?
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Mine made noise, starting right at 30 mph like others reported, most of whom didn't have lifts or levels iirc. Mine is a Bilstein 2.5"F/1"R level and 265s though. So I told the dealer, they ordered the part and put it in, problem fixed (for now). Supposedly the part is a bad batch of bearings so it should only need to be replaced once. Tech said it's an easy job and a $30 part if not. Was done at 17K miles.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i doubt those things caused the problem. I think it is more likely the part was not up to snuff from the start.

OP
OP
Ranger_Pawl

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Mine made noise, starting right at 30 mph like others reported, most of whom didn't have lifts or levels iirc. Mine is a Bilstein 2.5"F/1"R level and 265s though. So I told the dealer, they ordered the part and put it in, problem fixed (for now). Supposedly the part is a bad batch of bearings so it should only need to be replaced once. Tech said it's an easy job and a $30 part if not. Was done at 17K miles.
Thanks for the input MG. My noise was any time the truck was moving, forward or reverse. At least it is a cheap fix though. ?

OP
OP
Ranger_Pawl

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
i doubt those things caused the problem. I think it is more likely the part was not up to snuff from the start.
Thanks Mark. Hopefully that's all there is to it. :)
Sponsored