Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Banned site (SPAM).com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Quality Assurance Manager / Owner of A3C
Hey folks - since the thread is active just a head's up that our best sale of the year is active! 10% off plus no taxes added (we eat the cost) and free shipping to the lower 48 on any CVF-branded products. Feel free to give me a shout via PM if you have any questions as well!
I have spoken to many people in my FB groups and forums. It seems as the the coupler(s) that come with the catted DP do not fit snugly and leak. I have personally tried to adjust it several times with no luck. To be clear, it is the DP to Coupler not the coupler to exhaust. That end fits snugly with no leaks.
Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I have spoken to many people in my FB groups and forums. It seems as the the coupler(s) that come with the catted DP do not fit snugly and leak. I have personally tried to adjust it several times with no luck. To be clear, it is the DP to Coupler not the coupler to exhaust. That end fits snugly with no leaks.
Any suggestions?
Have you looked at trying another brand of coupler?

CVF-Jason

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
General Sales Manager
Any suggestions?
There's no coupler in the downpipe kit, but there's the metal adapter from the downpipe to the exhaust - is that what you mean?

If so shoot us an email with an order number and we'll get you a replacement that we test in-house.

We haven't had anyone contact about this but things can happen with the batches, so we'll get it looked at/rectified immediately. Feel free to message me directly at [email protected]

ST_Ranger

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Banned site (SPAM).com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Quality Assurance Manager / Owner of A3C
There's no coupler in the downpipe kit, but there's the metal adapter from the downpipe to the exhaust - is that what you mean?

If so shoot us an email with an order number and we'll get you a replacement that we test in-house.

We haven't had anyone contact about this but things can happen with the batches, so we'll get it looked at/rectified immediately. Feel free to message me directly at [email protected]
Adapter/coupler/connector. lol
I have sent a message via "contact us" on the website.

It leaks on all 4 splits in the adaptor fully seated over the exhaust. I believe the ID is slightly larger than the OD of the DP.

CVF Leak.jpg

CVF-Jason

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
General Sales Manager

It leaks on all 4 splits in the adaptor fully seated over the exhaust. I believe the ID is slightly larger than the OD of the DP.

CVF Leak.jpg
I dropped you a PM - may be a batch issue we've since fixed, just want to make sure we're on the same page!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor

CVF Leak.jpg
This get fixed?

Rod B

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT sport 2WD, extended cab (long bed)
So I eneded up paying my mechanic which I hate myself for but even they had a really hard time with it. Took them 3hrs. And cost me $300. Mechanic said 02 sensors were the worst part. First impressions, wow. What a difference. Power is on tap. I've done turbo back with mbrp single side exit and exhaust is definitely louder. Cold start is not gonna be fun for the neighbour's in the winter. There is a slight bit more drone in the cabin in throughout the gears but smooths out you get higher up. Torrie adjusted my 91 tune and this thing is a beast. I've also done mishimoto charge pipes and BOV plumback. This thing brings so much joy to my life now.
Before your tune changed did you notice any of this?
…I did MBRP single side and noticed a loss of power down low, some slight hesitation from a stop, and the tranny shifting much earlier now. It screams when I put my foot in it, but if I’m easy it will be in 3rd gear before I’ve complete a turn from a stop ligh. Then it’s bogging on accelerating from there. I have not emailed Torrie yet.

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Before your tune changed did you notice any of this?
…I did MBRP single side and noticed a loss of power down low, some slight hesitation from a stop, and the tranny shifting much earlier now. It screams when I put my foot in it, but if I’m easy it will be in 3rd gear before I’ve complete a turn from a stop ligh. Then it’s bogging on accelerating from there. I have not emailed Torrie yet.
Some of that sounds like DPFE sensor issues. May be time for a replacement.
Sponsored